On your health journey, you would frequently encounter a fork in the road: one prong has nothing on it; the other has a delicious dessert that you imagine tastes so much better than it really does because you know you’re not suppose to have it. Oh the temptation!
But these desserts from the wonderful world-wide web prove that skipping dessert is no longer a brave decision you have to make every day.You can actually make a sinful sweet tooth a healthy-eating tooth as well.
Black Bean Brownies
I had the opportunity to try this treat and foolishly turned it down, so I was happy when I came across this healthy-brownie recipe. You’ll never think of health the same way again once you taste this brownie’s rich, fudgy goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- pinch of uncut stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and blend really well until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 pan
- Cook for 15-18 minutes
- Let it cool for 10 minutes (if they still seem under cooked, leave them in fridge overnight. They will be good to go in the morning!
Spinach Ice Cream
Can you imagine ice cream with spinach in it? Maybe. Can you imagine spinach ice cream without cream and sugar that tastes good? That’s a bit of a stretch, but if you have a Blendtec blender, give this recipe a try. The taste will amaze you!
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ⅔ cup powdered almond milk
- 2 cups spinach, lightly packed
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups ice cubes
- Put all your ingredients in the Blendtec.
- Select the “ice cream” button.
Deep-Dish Cookie Pie
Who doesn’t love a warm, chocolate chip cookie? The smell of a cookie fresh out the oven is hard to ignore, and hard to resist! This recipe adds loads of fiber and protein to your health without compromising taste, or your diet.
- 2 cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups stevia
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Blend everything very well (except the chocolate chips,) in a food processor.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into pans.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Enjoy, and good luck on your quest to health and happiness!
To see more great healthy dessert recipes (and the mouth-watering pictures that accompany them,) visit StumbleUpon.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!