What better way to start your day off right than a healthy and energizing glass of fresh green juice?
But even though the health benefits of juicing are awesome, I dread the hassle of lugging out my juicer and dealing with the messy clean up, especially in the morning!
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Luckily I found a quick and simple way to make your own fresh juices that only requires a blender and a nut milk bag.
Check out the video and give it a try!
To make your own easy green juice you will need:
1) High power/Emulsifying blender (Vitamix brand or something similar)
2) Nut milk bag (purchase at Amazon.com for around $10)
3) 32 oz measuring cup (or other wide mouth container)
Gather the ingredients you want to juice. I recommend using a variety of organic greens (spinach, chard, kale, etc), carrots to add color, parsley to detoxify and ginger to spice things up a bit. Feel free to add berries or another fruit to your juice to add some sweetness. You will also need to add regular water or coconut water to help the ingredients blend easily.
Add all the ingredients into the blender. Blend until liquefied adding more water as needed to help the ingredients mix easily.
Place the nut milk bag inside the measuring cup and secure the opening of the bag around the outside of the container.
When done blending slowly pour the contents of the blender into the measuring cup with the nut milk bag secured around the top to strain the juice. When done pouring, carefully lift up the bag and squeeze out any juice retained in the nut milk bag into the container. Discard or compost the solid portion retained in the bag. Rinse clean the nut bag and the blender.
Pour your amazing juice into your favorite glass, admire the rich color and enjoy the deliciously fresh taste! Don’t you feel healthier already?
- Add more veggies then fruits. Fruit juices can contain too much sugar, which spikes your blood glucose. 1When your blood sugar jumps up quickly and then crashes you are left feeling blah! Green leafy vegetables have less sugar, which makes it easier for your body to maintain a normal pH balance, reduce inflammation and deliver vital nutrients to your cells.
- Choose organic when possible. Don’t sabotage the health benefits you gain by juicing because you are using produce laden with pesticides!! When ever possible chose organic produce items. If you can’t buy everything organic use the “Dirty Dozen” list, put out by the Environmental Working Group to inform buyers of the foods containing the highest pesticide residue, as a guide to help you prioritize which items to buy organic. 2
- Eat a variety of colors.According the Institute for Functional Medicine, phytonutrients from plants have many helpful functions in the body including boosting the immune system, improving cardiovascular health, stimulating the death of cancer cells and more. 3 Phytonutrients in food come in all different colors, and to achieve optimal health it is important to set a goal to eat fruits and vegetables of varied color each day. Juicing is an incredible easy way to achieve this goal.
- Save money and gain nutrients in the freezer section. Buying organic vegetables and fruits frozen tend to be cheaper than fresh and can pack a higher nutritional value than fresh non-local or out of season produce.4
- Juice regularly to experience the full benefits. As with anything in health, or life for that matter, consistency is key. Don’t worry if you can’t juice every day but see if you can start with 2 days a week. When you see how easy and how good it makes you feel then increase to 4 or more days a week. See how you feel on the days you juice versus the days you don’t. If you notice a difference, use that as motivation to do it more often.
- Jacob, A. Fruits That Raise Blood Sugar. Retrieved from http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/fruits-raise-blood-sugar-1468.html
- Environmental Workers Group. (2016, April 12). EWG’s 2016 Dirty Dozen™ List Of Pesticides On Produce: Strawberries Most Contaminated, Apples Drop To Second.Retrieved from http://www.ewg.org/release/ewg-s-2016-dirty-dozen-list-pesticides-produce-strawberries-most-contaminated-apples-drop
- Institute for Functional Medicine. (2015) Phytonutrient Spectrum Comprehensive Guide, Retrieved from http://ifm.mycrowdwisdom.com/diweb/catalog/item/id/449713/q/n=1&c=162&q=phyto
- Gorman, R.M. (2007). Fresh vs. Frozen Vegetables: Are we giving up nutrition for convenience? Retrieved from www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/nutrition_news_information/fresh_vs_frozen_vegetables_are_we_giving_up_nutrition_fo
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!