Almost everyone has experienced constipation at least once in their lifetime, and more often than not, it can be a condition that presents itself more often than one would like. Obvious things like stress, processed or fried foods or even less obvious things such as dense foods like legumes or grains, poorly combined fats (avocado and oil for example) or even being dehydrated can cause constipation. The challenge with fiber supplements is that many contain additives or preservatives, and even dyes and they can also be harsh on the intestinal tract causing more problems over time. It’s best to find a natural solution and get to the root of your constipation so that you can find relief in eating a healthy diet, and have the mobility to exercise as you please.
Here’s how you can heal constipation naturally:
1. Drink lots of water with fresh squeezed lemon or lime. if you’re sensitive to citrus, just drink fresh clean water at room temperature or even a little warmer upon rising and throughout the day. You don’t need to overload your body with water, just drink when you’re thirsty and get at least 2 liters per day.
2. Eat fresh whole fruits and green vegetables. Reduce your intake of starches like carrots and potatoes whilst constipated (carrot juice OK though). Some people find eating starchy vegetables is always irritating, I personally only eat carrots in a fresh pressed juice, or grated super finely on a salad unless I am going against what I know is best for my colon.
3. Make a green smoothie with Celery, Cucumber, Lemon, Ginger & Pineapple. Sometimes just the extra boost of plant fiber in your diet with help you to eliminate properly. We have seen amazing results from our participants of the Young and Raw 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge, including healthier elimination schedules.
Can you eat chocolate on the Keto diet? Good news!
Download our free report today for instant access to 28 recipes for making delicious chocolate treats — all 100% Keto approved.
4. Go for a 20-30 minute walk after every meal. It can help to get moving after a meal, so take a short stroll and listen to an audiobook or have a scheduled nightly walk with a loved one.
5. Have a fresh vegetable juice with a 1-inch piece of ginger & turmeric. Ginger and turmeric are powerful roots, so be careful because you might find you have to run to the washroom to eliminate after using them both in a juice. If you’re extra sensitive, start with just half a thumbnail-sized piece of ginger or turmeric in your juice and work your way up.
6. Eat more healthy fats like hemp seeds, chia seeds, avocado & less fat from un-sprouted nuts while you’re constipated. It’s also often a good idea to avoid combining fats when you’re constipated and limit your intake overall.
7. Reduce or eliminate your intake of high fat processed foods and limit your intake of animal foods while you’re constipated. Replace them with fiber-rich plant foods such as dark leafy greens and whole fruits.
What other tips do you have for relieving constipation naturally? Share your health tips below for the community!
This article was republished with permission from youngandraw.com
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!