This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Sweet coconut ice cream bonbons get dunked in a dark chocolate coating. Perfect for warm weather dessert-ing!
Bonbons are a classic childhood treat that are chocolate-covered on the outside and filled with candy, ice cream or nut butters on the inside. For a healthier, Paleo twist that’s a cinch to make, this recipe uses homemade, non-dairy coconut milk ice cream and dark chocolate. With just two ingredients, you can easily make these goodies in your kitchen whenever your sweet tooth strikes.
To start, simply scoop the ice cream onto a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Then place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
Note: Put the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before scooping the ice cream balls onto it. This will ensure the surface is nice and cold, and will prevent the ice cream balls from melting.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Freeze the ice cream balls for about 15 minutes. Next, remove from the freezer and drench each scoop in decadent melted dark chocolate. The best way to do this is by placing the ice cream ball in the bowl with the melted chocolate, covering entirely, then lifting it out with two spoons and placing it back onto the baking sheet. Each ball will be coated perfectly and you’ll avoid getting chocolate everywhere.
As you coat each ball with the chocolate, it will harden immediately. Feel free to eat them right then and there! It’s the perfect time to eat them since the ice cream will be slightly melted on the inside. When you take a bite, you’ll get a chocolatey crunch with a pop of creamy goodness in the middle.
Looking for an Easy Homemade Coconut Milk Ice Cream recipe? Click here.
2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bonbons
Recipe by: Megan Olson
Total Time: 1 Hour and 5 Minutes
Preparation time:1 Hour
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 18 Bonbons
Sweet coconut ice cream balls get dunked in a dark chocolate coating. Perfect for warm weather dessert-ing!
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
- Glass dish
- Large pot
- 1 batch Paleo coconut milk ice cream
- 8 oz. organic dark chocolate
- Place a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and coconut milk ice cream from the freezer. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop small balls of the ice cream onto the baking sheet, making 18 balls.
- Place in the freezer 15 minutes.
- While the ice cream balls are freezing, place chocolate in a glass dish fitted over a pot of boiling water. Stir the chocolate until melted. Cool the chocolate to room temperature before coating the ice cream.
- When the chocolate is cooled, remove the baking sheet from the fridge. Place an ice cream ball in the chocolate, lift out using two spoons, and then place back on the baking sheet. Repeat the process for the remainder of the ice cream.
- Store the ice cream bonbons in the freezer until ready to eat.
- Don’t have chocolate? No problem! Mix ¼ cup raw cocoa powder with ¼ cup melted coconut oil and make your own! Just mix the two ingredients together in a bowl and cover the ice cream with it.
- Experiment with other Paleo ice cream flavors and make a bunch of different ice cream bonbons in a batch.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!