The island nation of Japan has retained its ancient traditions and philosophies. Even though today it is a shining beacon of modernity and technological prowess the remnants of its ancient culture have a lot to offer regarding wisdom. Providing a change of perspective, Japanese culture is very attuned spiritually and offers new perspectives for those of us from the west. These pieces of profound Japanese wisdom are here for you to change your mind.
Pieces of profound Japanese wisdom
- If a problem can be solved, then it’s not worth worrying about it. If it can’t be solved, then it’s useless to worry about it.
- Having taken the time to think, venture to act. Once you’ve done so, stop thinking.
- Do not hold back that which is departing; do not chase away that which is arriving.
- Fast means going slowly without interruption.
- It is better to be the enemy of a good person than the friend of a bad one.
- There has never been a great individual who did not have ordinary people at their side.
- He who strongly desires to rise up will think of a way to build a ladder.
- A husband and wife should be similar to a hand and an eye: when one’s hand hurts, the eyes cry; and when the eyes cry the hand wipes away one’s tears.
- The sun does not know who is right or who is wrong. It shines without purpose and provides warmth to all
- A frog in a well does not know the greatness of the sea.
- A long journey always begins with a short one.
- He who drinks does not know the dangers of wine; he who doesn’t drink does not know its benefits.
- Even if a sword is only required once in a lifetime, it should be worn all the time.
- Beautiful flowers do not bear good fruit.
- Grief, like a torn dress, should always be left at home.
- When one is in love, even the scars left by smallpox are as beautiful as dimples on a person’s cheeks.
- No one has ever stumbled whilst lying in bed.
- One kind word can keep you warm for three months of winter.
- Always make way for fools and madmen.
- If you want to paint a branch, you have to hear the breath of the wind.
- Check seven times before ever doubting someone.
- Do everything that you can and leave the rest to fate.
- Excessive honesty often borders on stupidity.
- Fortune will always come into a house with laughter.
- He who endures for just half an hour longer than his opponent can achieve victory.
- As soon as stones can swim, leaves will sink.
- Even monkeys can fall from their trees.
- Cold tea and cold rice are tolerable; what is intolerable is a cold gaze and harsh words.
- If you do not enter the tiger’s case, you will not catch its cub.
- If a woman wants something, she’ll climb a mountain to get it.
- Ask a question, and you feel shame for a moment. Not asking and not knowing means you will feel shame for your whole life.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes