As a proud Italian, I am devoted to my food. I often take my nonna’s authentic recipes and modify them, making them gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. It is very possible to enjoy the beautiful flavours of foods in a healthy way and still have la dolce vita!
Pizza has always been one of my favourite foods, not only for its crispy crust, delicious tomato sauce, gooey “cheese” (I have this is quotation marks because I use a dairy-free form) but its the perfect shareable meal bringing people together. In fact, my husband and I love this aspect of pizza so much that we built a pizza oven in our backyard and enjoy lighting it up and popping in pizza’s for our family and friends.
Every week we have a pizza night and I try and switch up the ingredients so that it is different each week. This kale and spinach combination is one of my favourites! It is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free making it super healthy not to mention easy and quick to make and absolutely delicious! I really enjoy the simplicity of a Margherita pizza and I find the flavours pair very well with this Kale and spinach crust. I replace the traditional mozzarella with dollops of cashew cream cheese (garlic and herb by Enjoy Yoso is my favourite), then I add fresh tomato sauce and basil. Perfecto!
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Kale, often referred to as a nutritional powerhouse, is a “beefier” type of vegetable, containing high amounts of fibre, sulphur and powerful antioxidants. Spinach is high in niacin and zinc as well as fibre. You will find these complimentary vegetables paired together quite frequently in many vegan and vegetarian dishes making these two a powerful food combo!
Kale & Spinach Pizza Crust Recipe
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free
Yields: Makes 1 pizza crust
- 3 1/2 cups kale (trimmed and chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Chop kale and spinach and place in a medium size pan with water until wilted (about 2-3 minutes).
- Place wilted kale, spinach, nutritional yeast, egg, salt and pepper into a high speed blender or food processor. Process until chopped and combined.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and form a large circle. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Place a few dollops of tomato sauce onto the crust and top with dollops of cashew cream cheese
- Place back into the oven on broil (high) for 5 minutes until cream cheese is melted
- Remove from the oven and allow pizza to cool slightly
- Top with basil and serve!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!