Crunch into these chocolate nests with macadamia “eggs” for an adorable dessert the whole family will love!
These candied coconut chocolate nests taste just like Almond Joys, minus the sugar and processed chocolate. Shredded coconut gets mixed with rich dark chocolate to make a crunchy nest filled with macadamia nut “eggs” for a healthy treat!
Melted coconut oil, antioxidant-rich cacao, and stevia create the smooth, keto-friendly chocolate egg nests. Tip: You can add raw honey or pure maple syrup to sweeten it up if you aren’t following a keto diet. Crunchy macadamia nuts are set inside the nests for a dose of healthy antioxidants and brain-boosting fats.
Start by melting coconut oil in a double boiler. Add raw cacao powder and stevia, stirring until smooth. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and mix in the shredded coconut. Spoon the mixture evenly into six lined muffin tins, making a small divot in the center of each. Freeze the nests for ten minutes to set, then nestle two macadamia nuts inside each nest and serve.
Keto Coconut Cacao Nests
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Double boiler
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 12 macadamia nuts
- Melt coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir in raw cacao powder and stevia; mix until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut flakes.
- Spoon the mixture into six muffin tins with paper liners. Create a divot in the center of each “nest” with a spoon, and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once hardened, place two macadamia nuts in the center of each nest and serve.
Nutritional Info: Total fat: 52g | Net carbs: 8 | Protein: 5g
Shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!