This recipe is the creation of Talia Chai, registered holistic nutritionist and clean foods chef. For more dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free recipes, check out Talia’s cookbook, Clean Eating here. Warning – recipes are designed to make you feel extra fabulous, bursting with energy and give you super glowing skin!
Good news!! You don’t need an ice cream maker to make ice cream! I know, I too jumped for joy when I made this discovery.
I normally love making vegan, dairy-free ice cream using frozen bananas. However, sometimes the banana flavor can be overpowering. So I got to work and researched other ways to make vegan ice cream without frozen bananas and bam – coconut milk came to the rescue!
How to Make Dairy Free Coconut Ice Cream
The key to this ice cream is stirring it once every hour as it freezes. You’re essentially mimicking what an ice cream maker would do. The other pro-tip is that you MUST use full-fat coconut milk from a can. The coconut milk in the cartons is not creamy enough.
Lavender is known for its anti-anxiety, relaxation benefits and makes a unique addition to ice cream that works beautifully with the vanilla, honey, and coconut. Imagine that, a 4-ingredient ice cream that helps you relax. Yes, dreams do come true!
Lavender Coconut Ice Cream
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan-optional
Yield: makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 can (400ml) of full-fat coconut milk (room temperature is best)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers (or a few drops of edible lavender essential oil)
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey (or vegan sweetener)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth. Do not over blend as it may separate mixture.
- Transfer ice cream mixture into freezer-safe container and place in freezer.
- Freeze ice cream for 4-6 hours, stirring once every hour.
- Remove from freezer before serving and allow to defrost for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!