For many, summer is a time of fun and freedom as the warm air invites us to enjoy outdoor activities and to bask in the sunshine. For others, this season can increase stress levels as it can be a busier time compared to the rest of the year.
Summer is usually synonymous with the end of another school year. You know what that means – camp, sports, and other programs parents need to enrol their kids into so that they can continue working. However, coordinating and arranging all these activities can be time-consuming and stressful. How are you to meet all of your deadlines when little Johnny needs to be picked up from camp and then driven to his soccer game?
When you’re feeling overworked and your head wants to explode, these refreshing lavender popsicles might just be the treat you need.
Health Benefits of Lavender
According to Medical News Today, lavender has an array of medicinal properties. This north African herb has been used for the following:
- Healing minor burns and bug bites
- Treating anxiety, insomnia, depression and restlessness
- Helping with digestive issues, such as vomiting, nausea, intestinal gas, upset stomach and abdominal swelling
- Relieve pain from headaches, sprains, toothaches and sores
- Prevent hair loss and repel insects
What’s more, research has shown that the mere scent of lavender can ease anxiety and insomnia. In one British study, participants were instructed to sleep in a room where lavender essential oil had been diffused in the air overnight. A week later, they slept in a room that did not have lavender essential oil diffused in the air. The study found that when volunteers slept in the lavender-scented room, the quality of their sleep improved by 20%.
Other studies suggest that massaging your body with lavender essential oil may result in a more stable mood, better concentration, and reduced anxiety. Additionally, several small studies suggest that lavender aromatherapy may help reduce agitation in people with dementia.
These popsicles are fantastic for winding down after a long, hot day. The “soothing” aspect of lavender will help you de-stress, calm anxiety and relax in the summer.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at foodmatters.tv.
Peach Lavender Popsicles
Prep time: 4 hours
Cook time: None
- 2 cups almonds, soaked overnight in 4 cups water
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon lavender
- 2 cups peaches, sliced
- Start by making your own almond milk. Soak almonds overnight (or at least 4 hours), add almonds and water into a blender, and blend until smooth. Strain your mixture through a cheesecloth and squeeze your new milk into a bowl.
- Add fresh almond milk, agave, lemon juice, salt, lavender, and coconut oil to your blender and mix.
- Cut peaches into thin slices, then just loosely stack them into the popsicle molds.
- Pour almond milk mixture in to fill in all of the remaining space.
- Place pops in the freezer until frozen.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: