Legalizing marijuana seems a little far fetched, or does it?Hundreds of people all over the United States and Canada are hoping for the legalization of marijuana, however, whether it should or can be done is up to our leaders!
The Current Positioning of Marijuana
Currently, cannabis is only legal as a prescription, for medical purposes, the buying and selling of marijuana for recreational use is still completely illegal in Canada (1). In The United States, there are seven states which have fully legalized the buying and selling of marijuana(2), but other states are yet to change their laws.
Although there has been a lot of research into the harmful effects of marijuana, it has been argued that there are many risky side effects associated with alcohol, yet drinking is completely legal! Some may argue that the side effects of alcohol are worse than marijuana, but the laws remain in place. These studies even show that consuming marijuana before driving may increase awareness, allowing you to avoid crashes, but consuming both alcohol and cannabis at the same time makes driving even more dangerous.
It is clear that more research needs to be carried out of cannabis use and driving or taking place in other activities before relevant conclusions can be made. However, the laws regarding the legalization of cannabis do not have a huge amount of research behind them, while alcohol has tons of negative associations. So, why not take a plunge and get it legalized?
Why Marijuana Should Be Legalized
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
- With so many medical uses for marijuana (3), from chemotherapy treatment to Parkinson’s disease, the removal of the prescription to buy and use marijuana will smooth over the whole process of using it medically. People will be able to buy and use as much as they feel needed, giving them more control over their illnesses.
- Marijuana is not only perfect for many medical purposes, but it is also engrained in American culture! With over 65 million American’s using it occasionally or regularly (4), it seems absurd to keep such a popular and seemingly under-researched aspect of society illegal!
- It’s an opportunity to modernize people’s views on both marijuana and other drugs, helping move forward international drug treaties!
- The number of marijuana-related arrests will drop (5)!
- It will make a LOT of people very, very happy!
Let’s Get It Legalized!
Hey, Mr. President! Listen to this!
With so many people backing the legalization of marijuana in all states, it is clearly an important concept to consider. These people are petitioning for the legalization of marijuana in all aspects of the word ‘legalization.’ Meaning people can purchase the product much like alcohol.
Here is a petition being sent to Barrack Obama that you can sign and send off to show your agreement with the legalization of marijuana.
If you feel like you want to get more involved with the legalization of marijuana, then head on over to The House of Representatives website and find your local congressman to contact and send off a petition! The more people who are signing pieces of paper in agreement, then the more likely marijuana will be legalized.
The government is down to renew their laws regarding marijuana in April 2017, so let’s get this show on the road and encourage our leaders to rethink the status of marijuana.
The following video has more information regarding the decision to legalize cannabis in 2017.
(1)Current Marijuana Laws http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/marijuana/law-loi.html Updated: December 13, 2016. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
(2)Where is marijuana legal in the United States? https://mic.com/articles/126303/where-is-marijuana-legal-in-the-united-states-list-of-recreational-and-medicinal-states#.KUbtjL7ym Published: October 5, 2015. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
What is Marijuana? https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana Updated: March 2016. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
Alcohol’s effects on the body https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcohols-effects-body Published: N/A. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
The effect of cannabis compared with alcohol on driving. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722956/ Published: May 1, 2010. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
(3) Marijuana and Medicine http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/sourcefiles/IOM_Report.pdf Published: N/A. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
Medical Marijuana and Parkinson’s disease. http://www.parkinson.org/understanding-parkinsons/treatment/complementary-treatment/medical-marijuana-and-parkinsons-disease Published: N/A. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
(4) Why Marijuana should be legal. https://books.google.ca/books?hl=en&lr=&id=FoV-4kwHGrwC&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=why+legalize+marijuana&ots=9IdjCP1tF7&sig=nuuB21IvYxmy6kEKSp3uePCtAKQ#v=onepage&q=why%20legalize%20marijuana&f=false Published: 2003. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
Marijuana Legalization is an Opportunity to Modernize International Drug Treaties https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/CEPMMJLegalizationv4.pdf Published: October 2014. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
(5) Marijuana Legalization in Colorado: Early Findings https://cdpsdocs.state.co.us/ors/docs/reports/2016-SB13-283-Rpt.pdf Published: March 2016. Accessed: December 21, 2016.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!