This article is shared with permission from our friends at positivemed.com.
- Cut fresh lemons help your room smell wonderful without aeorosols, scented candles, or chemical room fresheners.
- Use the smell and essential oils of lemons to help wake up feeling awake and refreshed.
- Lemons can help you detox.
- You can use lemon juice as a natural scalp cleanser, to bring out natural highlights in your hair, or to lighten age spots.
The health benefits of lemons can’t be overstated. This powerful little fruit does many good things for your life, your looks, and your health.
Start with the smell. There’s a reason the scent of lemons makes us think ‘clean’ and ‘fresh.’ Lemons are nature’s antiseptic and their juice is a powerful cleansing agent. The scent of lemons is known to be a mood booster and is often used to perk up people suffering from depression or anxiety.
Reasons to Have More Lemons in Your Life
Lemons Make You Lovely
Cut a lemon in half and rub the halves over rough spots on your feet, elbows and hands. The juice will soften tough calluses. This trick also works to heal cold sores and fever blisters.
You can use lemon juice to whiten your nails, freshen your breath, or soothe your aching feet.
Lemons Make You Healthy
Can you eat chocolate on the Keto diet? Good news!
Download our free report today for instant access to 28 recipes for making delicious chocolate treats — all 100% Keto approved.
Lemon juice is a good treatment for many conditions including arthritis, indigestion, and rheumatism. According to Dr Axe, ‘Lemon juice aids in digestion, detoxification, and is high in vitamin C, making it a great antioxidant.’
Drinking lemonade daily will rid the body of toxins and prevent kidney stones from forming. Lemons are used to treat diseases like cholera and
malaria, as their juice helps purify the blood.
For an effective lemon juice colon detox, check out this recipe by Dr. Axe:
Homemade Colon Detox
- ½ cup 100 percent pure organic apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup warm purified water
- Start with a tall glass and a spoon.
- Place 3.5 ounces of purified water in a pan. You want to warm the water, not boil it so that you can drink the water at a safe temperature.
- Once it is warm, pour it into your glass. Then add the sea salt and stir.
- Add the apple juice, ginger juice, and fresh lemon juice. Stir.
- Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then have this mixture again just before a light lunch, and again mid-afternoon.
How to Do The Detox
Drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then have this mixture again just before a light lunch of steamed vegetables and baked salmon, and again mid-afternoon.
Have 6–8 glasses of room temperature water throughout the day. It may be best to slow down the consumption of liquids after 5 p.m. so that you are not awakened in the night needing to go to the bathroom.
Lemons Make Life Better
If you want to see the power of lemons work a small miracle in your life, try this trick. Place three cut lemons in a bowl by your bedside every night. Here are just a few things that will happen:
1. Your room will smell wonderful. Lemons work better than an aerosol spray or room freshener that will just unload chemicals into your environment. Get a freshly scented room by slicing open lemons and leaving them in a bowl overnight. You’ll never want to use those toxic sprays again.
2. You’ll breathe better. If you suffer from asthma, or you have a cold or allergies, breathing in the lemon-filled air all night will improve your breathing. You’ll awake with a clear head and a clear throat…Click here to continue reading.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!