This article is shared with permission from our friends at Dr.Hyman.
The next time you have a craving for bread, try this healthy alternative! This delicious recipe comes from my friend Jenny Carr’s best-selling anti-inflammatory cookbook, Peace of Cake. Enjoy!
Anti-Inflammatory Fluffy Sandwich Bread
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper with coconut oil.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until the eggs froth.
- Pour mixture into greased and lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove loaf from oven and allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment paper and set on wire rack to cool until the loaf is room temperature.
- Slice the bread and serve as is or top with nut-butter, avocado or toppings of your choice. You can also use it as sandwich bread.
- Place the remaining bread in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 210 • fat 19 g • protein 9 g • carbohydrate 6 g • sodium 301 mg
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.