This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Roasted with a dash of balsamic vinegar, these crispy Brussels sprouts are bursting with sweet caramelized flavor!
When I make Brussels sprouts, I like them to be crispy on the edges and slightly brown for that delicious caramelized flavor. Today, I’ll teach you that trick!
This foolproof recipe ensures you get crispy-edged, slightly browned Brussels sprouts every time. Made with lots of garlicky flavor, these sprouts make the perfect low-carb side dish to serve with nearly any meal.
The secret to getting the sprouts crispy is to cut them into halves from the top down and sear them cut-side down in a large skillet over medium-high heat without moving them. (Try using this cast iron skillet by Utopia Kitchen for extra crispiness!) When the bottoms of the sprouts are nicely browned, transfer to a rimmed baking pan, sprinkle with minced garlic and roast until tender. Add a final sprinkle of dried garlic and parsley and a dash of balsamic vinegar before serving.
Crispy Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Recipe by: Felicia Lim
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 Servings
- Large skillet
- Rimmed baking dish
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons dried garlic and parsley mixture
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts before trimming the bottoms, then cut into halves from top to bottom.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and place the sprouts cut-side down in a single layer.
- Sear the sprouts without moving them for at least 10 minutes, until the bottoms are brown.
- Transfer the sprouts to a rimmed baking dish and sprinkle with minced garlic. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until all the sprouts are tender and the garlic is fragrant and brown, tossing the sprouts every five minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the dried garlic and parsley mixture, the balsamic vinegar and salt to taste. Serve hot.
Tip: If you have a cast iron pan, you can use it to cook the sprouts both on the stovetop and in the oven.
Keep Reading: Best Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe You’ve Ever Tasted
A quick note from our founders
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…