This article is shared with permission from our friends at Paleohacks.
Fluffy and spiced, these sweet potato pancakes are just waiting to be smothered in grass-fed butter and maple syrup!
Paleo Sweet Potato Pancakes
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
The perfect pancake is fluffy and moist, ready to be piled high and devoured. For this Paleo recipe, mashed sweet potato is the secret to making perfectly gluten-free pancakes. Sweet potatoes provide a boost of fiber while keeping the batter thick and moist.
For the base of the batter, the mashed sweet potato combines with almond flour and eggs. Almond flour is a great sub for traditional flour in Paleo recipes. It doesn’t soak up moisture the way that coconut flour does, so there is no need to add milk. If you can’t use nut flours, substitute arrowroot powder instead. A little bit of cinnamon pairs perfectly with the flavor of the sweet potato, creating a cozy, spiced aroma.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 Tablespoons of almond flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Grass-fed butter (or ghee), for cooking and serving
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Start by peeling and boiling 1 small sweet potato until soft and mushy, about 15 minutes
- Skin and mash the potato until smooth
- Lightly beat eggs and add in sweet potato, almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- Continue to mix with the fork until smooth and well combined
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt down grass-fed butter or ghee
- Use a ⅓ cup scoop and pour batter onto hot skillet
- Allow pancakes to cook 3 minutes on each side and then carefully flip. As a rule of thumb, pancakes are usually ready to flip when bubbles form on top and pop.
- Serve warm with plenty of grass-fed butter and maple syrup with a Golden Turmeric Latte to wash it down!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!