Apple cider vinegar has been used from hundreds of years as a natural cure to a wide variety of ailments. Although, nowadays,most people get their apple cider vinegar from the local health food store, getting pure, organic apple cider vinegar can sometimes be a bit pricey. This is why how I am going to share with you how to easily made homemade apple cider vinegar from scratch!
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Before we go into how to make it, first let’s go into more detail about exactly why you should be consuming apple cider vinegar.
Nutrients. Apple cider vinegar is very nutritious (it is made from apples after all) and contains acetic acid, B vitamins and vitamin C.
Blood Sugar. Apple cider vinegar can help lower blood sugar in people with diabetes by changing the way certain foods get absorbed in the gut, specifically by stopping the absorption of foods that raise blood sugar. One of the way it achieves this by reducing the glucose response to carbohydrates.
Cholesterol. One study found that apple cider vinegar was able to protect organs from the damaging effects of cholesterol and lipid peroxidation, and also increases the amount of antioxidant enzymes in them.
Fungus. Apple cider vinegar has been proven to have anti-fungal properties which can assist in treating a variety of ailments. One study found that apple cider vinegar was able to treat denture-related stomatitis, which is inflammation of the mouth’s membrane, through getting rid of the fungal infection that caused it.
Weight loss. Consuming apple cider vinegar has been shown to increase satiety and reduce food cravings directly after it is ingested. This can aid in weight loss and it can curb your appetite as apple cider vinegar is very low in calories itself. It can also help make healthier meals more appetizing, such as using it on salad as a salad dressing.
How To Make Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Materials You Will Need:
- Wide mouthed jar
- Paper towel
- Rubber band
- Three small apples
- One tablespoon of maple syrup
- Enough water to submerge ingredients
- Slice your apples into small-to-medium sized chunks
- Fill up the jar with water until all of the scraps are submerged, then stir in the maple syrup until it is well absorbed.
- Place the paper towel, flat, on top of the opening of the jar, fold the ends downward and either wrap a rubber band around it or screw on the jars lid on top of it.
- Let this mixture sit in a dark and warm space for around two to three weeks, a pantry or a closet is ideal.
- After waiting two to three weeks, strain out the liquid from the mixture and throw out the chunks, then return the liquid to the jar and let it sit for four to six more weeks.
- Give it a taste-test to see if it is to your liking. If it isn’t, let the mixture sit for a few days. If it is ready, pour it into a bottle or any other seal-able container for storage.
Let us know how this homemade apple cider vinegar recipe worked out for you!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!