This article is shared with permission from our friends at Pet Guide.
Taking inspiration from a Christmas favorite, Terry’s Chocolate Orange, we decided to turn it into a dog-friendly holiday dog treat. To make it as jolly as possible, we used clementines, a seedless citrus treats you may find in your stocking. We’re sure that your dog will unwrap these gifts with glee!
Orange Carob Dog Treat Recipe
Makes 35 treats
- 4 clementines, peeled and pureed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 flax seed meal
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and split clementines. Add to blender and puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, flax seed meal, egg, carob chips, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add clementine puree to ingredients and stir into mixture.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter and place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook on racks overnight to harden.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!