This article is shared with permission from our friends at Pet Guide.
Taking inspiration from a Christmas favorite, Terry’s Chocolate Orange, we decided to turn it into a dog-friendly holiday dog treat. To make it as jolly as possible, we used clementines, a seedless citrus treats you may find in your stocking. We’re sure that your dog will unwrap these gifts with glee!
Orange Carob Dog Treat Recipe
Makes 35 treats
- 4 clementines, peeled and pureed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 flax seed meal
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and split clementines. Add to blender and puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, flax seed meal, egg, carob chips, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add clementine puree to ingredients and stir into mixture.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter and place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook on racks overnight to harden.
A quick note from our founders
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…