This article is shared with permission from our friends at Pet Guide.
Taking inspiration from a Christmas favorite, Terry’s Chocolate Orange, we decided to turn it into a dog-friendly holiday dog treat. To make it as jolly as possible, we used clementines, a seedless citrus treats you may find in your stocking. We’re sure that your dog will unwrap these gifts with glee!
Orange Carob Dog Treat Recipe
Makes 35 treats
- 4 clementines, peeled and pureed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 flax seed meal
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and split clementines. Add to blender and puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, flax seed meal, egg, carob chips, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add clementine puree to ingredients and stir into mixture.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter and place on cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook on racks overnight to harden.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!