This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Start your morning with a hot stack of light, fluffy, and totally eggless pancakes!
Whether you’re sensitive to eggs or want to try something new, these eggless pancakes are for you! This recipe uses flaxseed in lieu of eggs to help keep them together. When combined with just the right amount of water, flaxseeds emulate the binding nature of eggs to yield moist, fluffy pancakes.
To make one flax “egg,” mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds with three tablespoons of water, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to allow it to thicken. Always do this step first to save on time!
Almond flour and a little tapioca flour make the bulk of this recipe, while a wet mixture of milk, honey and the flax egg is slowly incorporated. Tip: Do not overmix the batter! It can result in flat pancakes.
Use a ¼ measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the skillet in equal amounts. Keep your eye on them, as almond flour can burn easily and you may not see bubbles forming on the surface as you would with regular pancakes. Use a thin spatula to gently lift the eggless pancakes before flipping, making sure the underside is nicely browned. Carefully flip and cook for one more minute on the other side. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve warm and top with fruit, nuts, maple syrup or honey.
Eggless Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
Start your morning with a hot stack of light, fluffy, and totally egg-free pancakes!
Recipe by: Dina Hassan
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 8 Pancakes
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- ¼ cup measuring cup
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 T water
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Coconut oil to grease the pan
- To make the flax egg, whisk the flaxseed and water in a medium bowl until well combined. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour and baking soda.
- Add the almond milk and honey to the flax egg and whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the almond flour mixture, stir until combined.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil and set over medium heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook on the opposite side for an additional minute or two, or until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more coconut oil as needed. Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!