Looking to fix your craving for beautiful, yellow-orange, perfectly ripe mangoes? Enter this mango lassi. Now, normally mango lassis have yogurt in them to provide some added creaminess and tartness. Instead, we chose to make it vegan and use coconut milk instead. Plus, the coconut flavor compliments the mango really nicely.
This recipe uses fresh turmeric root instead of dried. If you’ve never had/seen fresh turmeric before, it looks like a smaller, more orange cousin of fresh ginger root. The peel looks a little dull, but once you remove the peel you expose the vibrant, orange color of the fresh turmeric. Beware, it will temporarily stain your hands! Fresh turmeric has a more subtle, floral flavor than dried turmeric. It also tastes a little less bitter. If you can’t find fresh, simply substitute for dried.
This vegan mango lassi recipe is the perfect light breakfast smoothie or a nice cooling dessert for a warm summer night. Enjoy!
Mango Lassi with Coconut and Turmeric
Dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, vegan optional
Cook Time: 15 mins
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
- 1 very ripe mango, peeled and roughly chopped (I like Ataulfo mangoes)
- 1 2-inch knob of fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced (or 1 teaspoon dried turmeric)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk, from a can
- 1 tablespoon raw honey*
- ½ teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 14 ice cubes
- 1 crack black pepper
- small pinch sea salt
- 2 sprigs fresh mint for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 2 glasses and add a sprig of mint.
Notes: *Sub honey for maple syrup or coconut nectar as a vegan alternative
Mango Lassi with Coconut and Turmeric Flavor-profile:
- Texture: creamy, thick, smooth, frosty
- Flavor: peppery, spicy, fragrant, fruity, sweet, floral
- Color: golden yellow, bright orange yellow with little black flecks from black pepper and cardamom
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!