This salad makes the perfect meal on the go! Mason jars are great tupperware storage alternatives. I love using glass instead of plastic whenever possible. I first started making these types of salads when I wanted to switch up my work lunches. It’s a great way to get in tons of vegetables and make a healthy, fibre-packed, protein filled lunch that’s filling and very satisfying. Layering these vegetable colours looks gorgeous however you can use any vegetables you have on hand.
I place the dressing in the bottom of the mason jar before I’m ready to eat the salad and then when lunch time hits, give it a shake and it’s good to go! No soggy lettuce!
If you’re vegan or don’t eat dairy, simply omit the goats cheese. I recommend replacing it with chopped avocado for some added healthy fats.
Mason Jar Rainbow Salad
Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan-optional, Paleo
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 carrot shaved into ribbons using a flat veggie peeler
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 radish bulb, sliced into half moons
- 1 handful cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon goats cheese, crumbled (optional)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in one large 1-litre mason jar.
- Layer all salad ingredients on top in mason jar.
- Shake before ready to eat and enjoy!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!