This salad makes the perfect meal on the go! Mason jars are great tupperware storage alternatives. I love using glass instead of plastic whenever possible. I first started making these types of salads when I wanted to switch up my work lunches. It’s a great way to get in tons of vegetables and make a healthy, fibre-packed, protein filled lunch that’s filling and very satisfying. Layering these vegetable colours looks gorgeous however you can use any vegetables you have on hand.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
I place the dressing in the bottom of the mason jar before I’m ready to eat the salad and then when lunch time hits, give it a shake and it’s good to go! No soggy lettuce!
If you’re vegan or don’t eat dairy, simply omit the goats cheese. I recommend replacing it with chopped avocado for some added healthy fats.
Mason Jar Rainbow Salad
Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan-optional, Paleo
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 carrot shaved into ribbons using a flat veggie peeler
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small handful parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 radish bulb, sliced into half moons
- 1 handful cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon goats cheese, crumbled (optional)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in one large 1-litre mason jar.
- Layer all salad ingredients on top in mason jar.
- Shake before ready to eat and enjoy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!