Matcha, a type of green tea that is ground into a powder, is one of the most versatile superfoods. These vegan, gluten-free mini-cheesecakes make an incredibly delicious snack or dessert.
The cheesecake layer is smooth and creamy and the crust layer compliments it nicely with sweetness from the dates and a slight crunch from the walnuts.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
You can make these cheesecakes ahead of time as they need 4-6 hours to set in the freezer and keep them on hand for a healthy, delicious dessert!
Mini Matcha Cheesecakes
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- ¾ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 9 Tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons of organic matcha powder
- If dates are dry, soak them in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes, strain.
- Place dates and walnuts into food processor, blend until a ball is formed.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Using 1 teaspoon, scoop the crust batter into muffin liners and gently press down.
- Next, combine all filling ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, adjust taste with more lemon, salt and/or maple syrup.
- Transfer the mini cheesecakes to freezer and leave for 4-6 hours until they set.
- Remove from the freezer and let them defrost for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from the following Minimalist Baker recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!