Matcha, a type of green tea that is ground into a powder, is one of the most versatile superfoods. These vegan, gluten-free mini-cheesecakes make an incredibly delicious snack or dessert.
The cheesecake layer is smooth and creamy and the crust layer compliments it nicely with sweetness from the dates and a slight crunch from the walnuts.
You can make these cheesecakes ahead of time as they need 4-6 hours to set in the freezer and keep them on hand for a healthy, delicious dessert!
Mini Matcha Cheesecakes
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: makes 12 mini cheesecakes
Get your Free copy of The Complete Ketogenic Diet For Beginners
Learn how you can lose weight and keep it off while eating your favourite foods like Pizza & Mac and cheese!
- ¾ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 9 Tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons of organic matcha powder
- If dates are dry, soak them in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes, strain.
- Place dates and walnuts into food processor, blend until a ball is formed.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Using 1 teaspoon, scoop the crust batter into muffin liners and gently press down.
- Next, combine all filling ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, adjust taste with more lemon, salt and/or maple syrup.
- Transfer the mini cheesecakes to freezer and leave for 4-6 hours until they set.
- Remove from the freezer and let them defrost for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from the following Minimalist Baker recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!