Matcha, a type of green tea that is ground into a powder, is one of the most versatile superfoods. These vegan, gluten-free mini-cheesecakes make an incredibly delicious snack or dessert.
The cheesecake layer is smooth and creamy and the crust layer compliments it nicely with sweetness from the dates and a slight crunch from the walnuts.
You can make these cheesecakes ahead of time as they need 4-6 hours to set in the freezer and keep them on hand for a healthy, delicious dessert!
Mini Matcha Cheesecakes
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- ¾ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup walnuts
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 9 Tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons of organic matcha powder
- If dates are dry, soak them in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes, strain.
- Place dates and walnuts into food processor, blend until a ball is formed.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Using 1 teaspoon, scoop the crust batter into muffin liners and gently press down.
- Next, combine all filling ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, adjust taste with more lemon, salt and/or maple syrup.
- Transfer the mini cheesecakes to freezer and leave for 4-6 hours until they set.
- Remove from the freezer and let them defrost for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from the following Minimalist Baker recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!