Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yields: 8 Bars
Matcha boosts the metabolism and detoxifies the body effectively and naturally. It is rich in fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins. This Japanese green tea enhances mood and aids in concentration. I enjoy a Matcha latte (made with coconut milk) in the mornings as it gives me the energy boost I need to start my day without the headaches that can sometimes come with coffee. Green tea and chocolate may make you second guess this recipe but both ingredients compliment one another very well. Both matcha and cacao have a bitter taste but that is offset with the sweetness of the pure maple syrup.
Why does chocolate make us happy? Because it tastes good and it provides us with an escape from our busy and often stressed-out lifestyles. Dark chocolate made with raw cacao is good for more than curing a broken heart. Scientific research has provided explanations around the idea that chocolate does in fact make us happy. There are over 300-naturally occurring chemicals in chocolate and some of them can affect the brain by releasing neurotransmitters. Certain neurotransmitters can be responsible for your emotions and the way that you feel. Eating chocolate releases endorphins into the brain. Endorphins are known to decrease levels of both stress and pain.
Not all chocolate is weighed the same. I am speaking about high quality chocolate made with cacao not the sugary junk. Chocolate doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure. These plant-based, healthy, vegan, dairy free, gluten free chocolate bars will increase your mood and enhance your taste buds leaving you feeling comforted, alert, excited and HAPPY.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon organic matcha powder
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Naturespath organic brown rice crisps
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap for easy removal
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until smooth
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until solid
- Slice into 8 chocolate bars and enjoy! These bars will melt at room temperature. Store into a container in the fridge to avoid melting.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes