This article is shared with permission from our friends at Food Matters.
Stuffed zucchinis are a great way of turning a usually boring vegetable into a flavorful bed for some delicious toppings – like our Mexican sides in this recipe!
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini’s
- 2 large zucchinis, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup turtle beans
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- Juice of lime
Cilantro Lime Verde:
- 3 whole jalapeño chilis, deseeded (If you want a spicier sauce leave the seeds in!)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup organic, natural yogurt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Halve your zucchinis and scoop out the seeds down the middle.
- Place zucchini halves on a lined baking tray, skin-side down, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While zucchini is roasting, mix together all superfood salsa ingredients in one bowl.
- For the cilantro lime verde, process all ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Remove zucchini from oven and top with Superfood Salsa and Cilantro Lime Verde.
You can mix your toppings up and use whatever you have. Perfect with leftover chili!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.