Chronic fatigue syndrome is a highly contested medical disorder due to its complicated characterization of extreme fatigue that cannot be explained by any related underlying medical condition. Its most troubling attribute: it doesn’t improve with rest.
While there is currently no single cause for chronic fatigue, it’s believed to be a syndrome triggered by a holistic combination of factors like viral infections, immune system problems or hormonal imbalances.
Symptoms of chronic fatigue affect several body parts and include:
- Loss of memory or concentration
- Sore throat
- Enlarged lymph nodes in your neck or armpits
- Unexplained muscle pain
- Moving joint pain, with no inflammation or redness
- Headaches that you’re not used to
- Unrefreshing sleep
- Unexplained depression (leading to social isolation)
- Feeling exhausted long after exercising or experiencing mental stress
Treating Chronic Fatigue with Meridian Lines
Meridian lines originate in ancient Chinese medicine. Known as “energy highways” or “energy pathways,” in the human body, these meridian lines host “Qi” (chee) energy flows. Meridians can be mapped and span over the entire human body; flowing within the body, corresponding to specific acupuncture points along its path.
According to the Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences, the “meridian” describes the overall energy distribution system and, “helps us to understand how basic substances of the body (Qi, blood and body fluids) permeate the whole body.”
Given that meridian lines are founded on the energetic distribution network of energetic manifestation, it comes to no surprise that many have turned to this ancient Chinese healing practice to treat and alleviate their chronic fatigue.
Fatigue and the Triple Warmer
According to the Ancient Chinese Medicine of meridian lines, the energy line located behind the ear (aka “Triple Burner Meridian” or “Triple Warmer”) is correlated with depression and chronic fatigue. There is no single physical organ for the Triple Warmer, rather, this energy line is related to all organs, controlling the relationship between the hormone glands and hormonal distribution systems.
The name “triple warmer” stems from the marriage in the body’s heating system between body, mind and spirit. With that, it works to regulate heat and water channels throughout the human body. When and if the triple warmer becomes over energized, it begins to seep energy from the immune system and attack the body, presenting itself in chronic fatigue syndrome.
Seeking out professional help to calm the triple warmer is an option, but subsiding it can easily be accomplished in the comfort of your own home. Whenever you feel fatigued, pulled or drained, use one or both of these self-help energy techniques to sedate the triple warmer meridian.
- Hold your left fingers just under your left knee. At the same time, hold your right fingers just above the left elbow. You’ll start to feel your pulse in both areas.
- When you hold these points long enough, you’ll feel the two pulses start to synchronize. This will tell you that you have held the points long enough. If you can’t feel the pulses just hold for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat this pose on the right side of the body (right hand below the right knee, left hand above the right elbow) and again hold until the pulses are synchronized, or up to 2 minutes.
- Hold your left fingers at the indent on the outside of the left baby toe. At the same time, hold your right fingers at the point between the base knuckles of on the left hand, between the little finger and ring finger. Again you may feel pulses in both points – hold till the pulses beat in a synchronized way, or for up to 2 minutes.
- Repeat this pose on the other side of the body (right hand at right baby toe, left hand at base knuckles of the right hand).
Using these meridian lines will help you to treat chronic fatigue, but it’s important to evaluate your lifestyle and habits and try to figure out the underlying source. Comfort is a big part of falling asleep soundly, so make sure you’re sleeping in a cool room with pyjamas that allow you to sleep comfortably, like these. Don’t continue to put stress on your spirit and your body.
To help improve fatigue and gain overall wellness tips, watch this video featuring our local nutritionist and naturopathic doctor:
- Eden, D. (n.d.). Chronic Fatigue. Retrieved from http://innersource.net/em/67-chronichfatigue.html
- Mayo Clinic. (2016, August 30). Chronic fatigue syndrome Complications. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/basics/complications/con-20022009
- Centers for Disease Control. (2015, April 07). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/
- Natural Health Zone. (n.d.). The Body Meridians – An Energy map. Retrieved from http://www.natural-health-zone.com/body-meridians.html
- Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences. (n.d.). The Chinese Medicine Meridian System. Retrieved from http://www.acos.org/articles/the-chinese-medicine-meridian-system/
- Sacred Ascension. (2015, September 23). Could your Depression and Fatigue Be due to an imbalance of your body’s Qi Ambassador? Retrieved from https://sacredascensionmerkaba.com/2014/02/22/could-your-depression-and-fatigue-be-due-to-an-imbalance-of-your-bodys-qi-ambassador/
Our newest fat-burning dessert recipe book just released and we’ve reserved a free digital copy for you! Click the button and simply let me know where you want us to email it and you’ll have it in your inbox today…Grab my free copy
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes