Our lives have become so busy that we rarely get a chance to do anything for ourselves, including exercise. Unfortunately, it can seem like too much of a hassle after you’re done the cooking and have put the kids to bed.
However, there are still ways in which you can obtain daily exercise without cutting into your busy schedule. A morning workout routine is a perfect method for achieving such a goal. While we are going to focus on the perfect morning workout routine in this post, we do advise individuals who are experiencing joint pain and related symptoms first to find appropriate information about arthritis that would allow them to adjust the routines to a level that their joints can handle.
Including a morning workout into your life can have a significant number of benefits for you – and we are not only referring to the excess pounds that you may start to shed. Perhaps the biggest benefit is that by scheduling your workouts in the morning, you will be able to achieve your fitness goals without having to sacrifice your daily assignments in the process.
Additionally, morning exercise can:
- Help improve your metabolism
- Develop a sense of self-discipline – a study published in the PLOS Journal also demonstrated a connection between the time of day participants exercised and their achievements, with exposure to light having the most beneficial effects.
- Boosting both mental and physical energy
- Improving sleep quality and patterns.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
The Perfect Morning Exercise Routine
Let’s jump right into the perfect morning exercise routine that you can adopt and make part of your life. Since this routine should be done as soon as you get up, we have focused on activities that do not require any equipment, making it easy and convenient to do wherever you want to – even right next to your bed would do.
The routine will be useful for everyone and will not include any strenuous activities. We are going to make use of an excellent morning workout routine that has been developed by SkinnyMs.
- You will start your morning workout routine with some jumping jacks. These are easy to perform and will help to get you going. Do a total of 25 jumping jacks before moving on to the next activity.
- After you have done your 25 jumping jacks, you should do some jump squats. For some people, these may be a little more difficult, but you’ll eventually get used to them.
- The next activity on your morning workout routine should be burpees. You should aim for around one set of these activities, which should ideally include a total of 10 burpees.
- The plank pose is another important activity that you should participate in during your morning workout session. These exercises work on multiple muscle groups simultaneously and are easy to do, even for a beginner. Try to hold your pose for 30 seconds with each plank before returning to the starting position. This exercise should be repeated five to 10 times in a row, depending on your fitness level.
- Finally, hit your abdominal muscles with some good old crunches. You can go on until you reach your limit, but we recommend starting out with about 20 to 25 crunches every morning.
This is a very basic morning routine that will also be effective in getting your juices to flow in the morning and giving you enough energy to last the entire day. The University of Georgia reports that, even though many people think a workout will leave them feeling tired and worn out, the opposite is actually true. They found a low-intensity short exercise was able to alleviate up to 65% of fatigue symptoms amongst participants in a study, and also found energy levels to increase significantly in these individuals following the exercise routines administered to them.
As you become more experienced in this technique, it will become second nature to you. At such a point, you should gradually start to increase the intensity level and the set count of each activity so that you can benefit even more. If you are trying to lose weight through your morning exercise routine, then counting the calories you are burning may be helpful.
Every person will burn a different amount of calories during each of these exercises as your current body weight has an impact on a number of calories you burn through physical activity. Use a tool such as Pro Health’s exercise calorie calculator to determine how many calories you burn after every session.
Greatist recommends loosening up by warming up your muscles and joints before exercises. You could also perform some dynamic stretches, which, unlike static stretches, involves movement during stretches and no need for holding a particular stretch. Starting your workouts slowly is also important for preventing injury and to avoid overdoing it. Once your heart starts pumping, and your temperature rises, your muscles will become looser, and you’ll be able to go at it full steam. Remember that it is also important to do some stretches after your workout is done.
Working out is an excellent way to boost your fitness levels and improve your general well-being, but a busy schedule often does not allow for a workout to be included in a person’s everyday life. Fortunately, by simply waking up a little earlier, you can still include a workout routine in the early morning directly after you get out of bed.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!