Yes matcha lovers, your 5-minute cake is HERE!! If you haven’t made a mug cake before, you’ll be absolutely blown away by how easy and FAST it is.
For top speed, use a microwave. Full disclosure, I’m not a microwave fan and making this recipe was probably the first time I’ve used mine in five years. However, it works perfectly for this recipe. You’ll also get to watch your cake batter puff up in one minute right in front of you like a super-cool science experiment! If you don’t use a microwave, you could experiment with putting the batter in an oven-safe ramekin and baking it in the oven.
This recipe uses coconut sugar which is less refined than regular sugar. It also uses UNSWEETENED matcha powder which has a bitter taste (don’t be alarmed) but tastes amazing in the cake.
Matcha is a type of green tea that hails from Japan. They take the green tea leaves and grind them into a fine powder. This means when you consume it, your consuming the entire leaf, vs. the leaves just being steeped in a tea. Because of this matcha powder typically contains about 10 times the antioxidants regular green tea does. Sip on it, bake with it, throw it in a smoothie, make ice cream, there are so many ways to consume matcha!
Matcha Mug Cakes
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free
Mug Cake Ingredients:
- ¼ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened organic matcha powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- small pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 microwave safe mug
Mug Cake Instructions:
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mug and stir with fork to combine.
- Add the egg, almond milk, vanilla and coconut oil. Mix well with fork.
- Place in microwave for about 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Mug cake will puff up and should be cooked all the way through. Eat and enjoy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.