This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
This 7-ingredient, no-bake, naked Paleo chocolate cake is full of antioxidant-rich chocolate goodness. Sweetened with real maple syrup and topped with a velvety smooth coconut cream frosting for a guilt-free craving fix!
Paleo Chocolate Cake
Paleo eaters rejoice! It’s time to have your cake and eat it too. Chocolate cake is one of those desserts that sends any chocoholic over the edge. It is hard to restrain a chocolate lover around this blissful treat. This refreshing cake is chilled to set instead of baking and also happens to be vegetarian-friendly.
How to Make A Healthy, Delicious, No-Bake Flourless Chocolate Cake
Start by combining almond meal and cocoa powder in a small bowl. These ingredients will help to give the naked Paleo chocolate cake stability and texture while providing an extra dose of chocolate flavor. Next, whisk together coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a saucepan until steaming hot. Stir in the unsweetened dark chocolate until smooth.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
I often buy unsweetened dark chocolate chips online because they can be hard to find in grocery stores. When in doubt, buy bars of unsweetened chocolate and chop into small pieces. Gradually stir the almond meal and cocoa powder mixture into the wet ingredients until thick. Pour into a greased pie pan and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
Healthy Frosting: Paleo and Vegan Chocolate Coconut Frosting
In the meantime, prepare the chocolate coconut frosting by using a hand mixer and beating the coconut cream with cocoa powder and maple syrup. Coconut cream makes the most luscious Paleo frosting and whipped cream toppings for desserts.
Refrigerate your coconut cream for a few hours ahead of time to make sure it is solid. There may be a small amount of coconut water in the can; discard the liquid or save it to use in smoothies. You just want the paste-like cream that is on the top.
Once the cake has set, remove it from the pan using a sharp knife to loosen the edges from the pan. Flip the cake over onto a plate and frost with the frosting. Slice and serve or refrigerate until serving. This chilled naked Paleo chocolate cake is delicious any time of year, but particularly in the summertime with a side of fresh berries.
Naked Paleo Chocolate Cake
Paleo Cake Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Sweetened with real maple syrup and topped with a velvety smooth coconut cream frosting, this no-bake, double chocolate paleo cake recipe is full of antioxidant-rich chocolate goodness for a guilt-free craving fix!
Total Time: 1hr 20 Mins
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chunks or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
For Coconut Chocolate Frosting:
- 1½ cups coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Liberally grease an 8-inch round cake pan with coconut oil. In a small bowl, whisk together almond meal and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Heat coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup over low heat until steaming. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
- Gradually whisk dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Place in freezer for 1 hour to set.
- For frosting, combine coconut cream, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl. Beat using a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Place into a bowl or jar and refrigerate.
- Use a sharp knife to loosen cake from edges of the pan. Place a plate on top of cake pan and flip over to remove cake from pan.
- Frost with chocolate coconut frosting. Store in refrigerator.
Here are some more delicious cake recipes you have to try!!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!