7 Non-Toxic DIY Makeup Remover Recipes You Can Make at home
Do you get tired of walking into stores and spending your entire budget on 1 expensive makeup remover? Do you want a more affordable solution? If you have answered affirmatively to either one of these two questions, then you have arrived at this article for all of the right reasons. In the paragraphs below, we will present information on how you can prepare makeup removers in the comfort of your home. Enjoy the recipes we have gathered and discover how natural ingredients can benefit your skin.
What makes a good makeup remover?
When it comes to makeup removers, there is one thing that we are all interested in, and that is, obviously, how well it removes our makeup. However, a good makeup remover should present other qualities as well. For example, it should have as many natural ingredients as it is possible, so as not to produce additional damage to the skin. It should have hydrating properties at the same time so that it does not leave your skin excessively dry. Once again, the all-natural formula is the most desired quality; otherwise, the artificial ingredients can seep into existent facial wrinkles and make matters worse.
The best non-toxic DIY makeup remover recipes
If you want to use a homemade makeup remover, they have a number of advantages to offer. First of all, they are easy to make, and you are conscious from the start about the ingredients they contain. Second, they do not require a lot of money and yet provide a high level of efficiency. So, let’s see several interesting recipes, which are easy to make.
1. DIY Makeup Remover for Acne-Prone Skin
- Witch Hazel (4 tablespoons )
- pure jojoba oil (2 tablespoons )
- extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons )
- purified water (3 tablespoons )
The ingredients have hydrating effects at the level of the skin, helping you get rid of stubborn makeup. At the same time, they can protect the skin against breakouts, so you do not have to wonder how to get rid of acne anymore.
- Prepare the recipe by mixing the witch hazel with the oils, adding the purified water last.
- Store in an airtight container and mix well before each usage.
2. Two-Ingredient Antibacterial Moisturizing DIY Makeup Remover:
- coconut oil
- tea tree oil
- The first thing that you want to do is take the desired quantity of coconut oil, in solid form, and heat it in the microwave.
- When it becomes liquid, add several drops of tea tree oil, as this has both hydrating and antimicrobial properties.
- Mix the two ingredients well and store in a glass container.
- The coconut oil hydrates the skin as well and allows you to remove even waterproof makeup.
3. Skin Soothing and Brightening DIY Makeup Remover:
- witch hazel (2 tablespoons )
- jojoba oil (2 tablespoons )
However, you will also have to add:
- aloe vera (1 tablespoons)
- lemon essential oil (several drops)
- Mix everything together really well and then use for makeup removal.
- Aloe vera has hydrating and soothing properties, while lemon essential oil has a nice smell and genuine skin brightening properties.
4. Oil Cleanser DIY Makeup Remover
- castor oil (1/3)
- sunflower oil (2/3)
- Mix the ingredients well and use them to remove makeup.
- This recipe can help you get rid of makeup but also of excess sebum accumulate on the surface of the skin.
5. DIY Makeup Remover for Combination Skin:
- hazelnut oil (1/4)
- olive oil (3/4)
- Mix the ingredients well and use them to remove makeup.
- They will also hydrate the skin and eliminate excess oil in problem areas.
6. Another interesting recipe combines two ingredients which are highly beneficial for the skin, meaning
- aloe vera
- These should be combined in equal parts and then stored in an airtight container.
- For better results, you can also add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Aloe vera soothes the skin, while honey has antimicrobial and moisturising properties. The addition of olive oil increases the efficiency of this DIY makeup remover.
7. Sweetly Scented Beautifying DIY Makeup Remover:
- rose water (1 cup required)
- Other ingredients required include:
- aloe vera gel (1/4 cup)
- glycerine (2 tablespoons)
- castile soap (1 tablespoons) a
- rose essential oil (several drops)
- Mix all of the ingredients well and then store in a glass jar.
This unique combination of ingredients will allow you to cleanse your skin of makeup and other debris. At the same time, rose water has a wonderful scent, hydrating the skin to perfection. Aloe vera soothes the skin, while glycerine and castile soap ensure additional hydration. Last, but not least, the rose essential oil contributes to the delicious smell of the DIY makeup remover.
These are only a couple of recipes that you can try in the comfort of your home. In order to have a beautiful and young-looking skin for as long as it is possible, you should also consider using the best anti-aging product. This will help you minimize common signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.