Herbs have many practical uses in the world today. Most people associate herbs with being used in food and drinks to give them a special taste that they otherwise would not have. The truth is even though they might be known for altering the flavors of food and drink they have other practical uses that most people are simply not aware exist.
While most folks are surprised when they hear about these uses, the truth is they work. People have been using herbs in ways other than cooking for thousands of years. Even to this day new uses for herbs are being discovered on a regular basis.
Mint the Miracle Worker
Mint will usually make people think about an add-in for tea or perhaps even chocolate mint ice cream, though the uses go much deeper than that. If you are willing to purchase some mint leaves and keep an open mind you will find that there are great benefits to using this herb. These benefits vary from health benefits to making an excellent cleaner.
Some of the more interesting uses for mint include:
- Help Your Plants – If you spread mint leaves in your garden the mint will keep away insects that would normally eat up your plants.
- Relaxation – Studies have shown that mint in a bathtub makes for an excellent way to unwind and relax your body and mind after a long day
- Clean Your Rugs – If you get an equal mixture of crushed mint leaves and baking soda and let it set on your carpet for about an hour you will remove stains and make your carpet smell great!
Benefits of Tarragon
Tarragon is an herb that is usually put in white wine vinegar to add a special kind of taste to dishes that call for vinegar as an ingredient. Besides tasting great it also carries a great remedy and health benefit if it is used properly. These two benefits are problems that most people suffer from at one time or another and they can both be helped with a little tarragon.
- Eliminate Toothaches – The use of tarragon for tooth problems has been traced back to Greece thousands of years ago. A piece of tarragon can be chewed on to help make the mouth numb and ease up that pesky toothache.
- Refresh Your Body – If you have been trying to come up with a way to help cleanse your body without spending a ton of money get your hands on some tarragon. Tarragon has certain items such as flavonoids and tannins in it. These items help your body flush unwanted toxins in a short amount of time.
Oregano is a fairly common herb with extraordinary abilities. There are people out there who swear by fresh oregano as well as oregano oil. Who can blame them? Studies have confirmed the natural benefits of using oregano in very simple but effective ways.
- Cold Fighter – If you are suffering from a cold oregano oil can do wonders for your recovery time. If you put a 3 to 4 drops of oil in water before you drink it your sinuses will clear up, your congestion will be all but got, and you will generally start just feeling better.
- Beat Athletes Foot – You should not be spending tons of money on Athletes Foot medication. Simply mix a little oregano oil and warm water and soak your feet for a while. Oregano is a natural anti-fungal so your Athletes Foot will be gone in no time!
- Relax Your Allergies – Allergies can be a pain. They are around for most of the year, depending on what causes your allergies. If you mix dried oregano into a steam machine you can enjoy the feeling of being completely decongested during allergy season.
- Help Body Pain – If you had a long day and not a fan of prescription medicines you can make a rub with oregano oil and olive oil. Mix the two together and massage it into your achy muscles and joints. You will notice quick pain relief.
More Benefits on the Horizon
It is clear that there are a lot of little known benefits for all of the different types of herbs out there. People are discovering more every single day. It is exciting to think about what other secrets the herbs we use every day might be holding. Only time will tell, so we will just have to wait and see what the future holds.
A Special Message From Our Founders
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes