This article was republished with permission from dr-adem.com.
Some people might not like the smell of onion and garlic and, therefore, avoid it in their diet. But it has now been discovered that one of the key benefits of onion and garlic is their role in fighting cancer.
Garlic and other allium vegetables including onion, shallots, leeks, and scallions are incredibly rich sources of allicin, sulfuric compounds, manganese, vitamin C, Vitamin B6, copper, and selenium but with low calories. They enhance the production of a potent antioxidant for your liver called glutathione, which fastens the process of detoxification throughout your system.
The Use of Food in Medicine
Studies conducted by the Italian researchers showed that a diet rich in onion and garlic results in a significant drop in the risk of cancer formation. Various comparative Swiss and Italian studies have compared the link between allium herbs consumption and cancer development.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Increasing your intake of onion, garlic and other allium species, such as chives and leeks, can markedly lower the possibilities of cancer cells growing in your mouth, esophagus, larynx, colon, ovary and kidneys.
A moderate onion intake causes a drop in the risk of colorectal, laryngeal and ovarian cancer. Its anti-cancer effects are increased further as you consume more. And for garlic; its consumption in moderate amounts is related with lesser chances for the development of colorectal and renal cancers.
On further increasing your garlic intake, there is a significant drop in the risk of developing all types of cancers.
The allium family of herbs lacks any major effect on breast and prostate cancers due to their hormonal and reproductive nature.
The characteristic smell and flavor of these vegetables are due to the presence of sulphur compounds that are crucial for the formation of connective tissues such as ligaments, cartilage, and tendons.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Onion and Garlic
- Naturally gifted antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory effects. (Check out this Superpowered Hone & Garlic Mixture).
- Decrease in the levels of LDL(bad cholesterol) and increase in HDL( good cholesterol).
- Improvement in immunity by stimulating the production of natural killer cells.
- Facilitate the detoxification of blood.
- Protects from Atherosclerosis(hardening of blood vessels).
- Control of blood pressure(hypertension).
- Improvement in the blood flow and reduced risk of clot formation that causes stroke and heart attack.
- Reduction in the risk of important diseases such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease and different forms of cancer.
- Regulation of the production of fat cells in the body.
The Importance of Preparation
- The author suggests that the maximum benefits of garlic and onion can be achieved by having it in raw form.
- It is also suggested to wait at least 2 minutes before using garlic that is chopped and crushed.
- Using the microwave for foods rich in antioxidants should be avoided as it lowers the antioxidant content of food by 75% in just a minute.
Check out The Best Way To Prepare Garlic!
Garlic and onion are a great addition to our healthy lifestyle along with appropriate exercise and balanced diet. Besides being simple and modest, these substances are a valuable addition to the general health of our body.
Check out these articles to find more ways to use and include garlic & onion in your life!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!