Republished with permission from blog.paleohacks.com.
If you’re looking for the perfect comfort food for a cozy evening THIS is it. Whip up this hearty Paleo Chicken Alfredo Recipe on a night in.
I know what you’re saying… how, in anyway is Alfredo sauce Paleo? Well, once again we’re using cauliflower — one of the most versatile Paleo foods out there.
Cauliflower is perfect for making “rice” for dishes like spicy curry, or as the perfect substitute for potatoes in shepherd’s pie ortater tots. With all that it can do, cauliflower should be a staple in any Paleo kitchen.
For today’s recipe we’ll be using cauliflower to make a delicious Alfredo. Pureeing this all-purpose veggie with a few simple ingredients — think garlic and grass-fed butter — will yield a creamy sauce and takes only minutes to blend.
As for the Paleo pasta, we’ve used summer squash, but, really, any Paleo “spaghetti” will do. Feel free to try this recipe with spaghetti squash, zucchini, or even sweet potatoes! Just sauté your Paleo pasta of choice for a few minutes, and then drizzle with your Alfredo sauce.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
The chicken is simple, seasoned with salt and pepper, then pan-seared for a crispy finish. Pair it with sautéed broccoli for an added serving of veggies. This combination is the ultimate weeknight dinner that everyone will enjoy.
In just 40 minutes, you’ll have an impressive, paleo-friendly dish to serve to friends and family!
Paleo Chicken Alfredo
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 T grass-fed butter
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 pound summer squash
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a stockpot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add the cauliflower and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
3. While the cauliflower is cooking, begin the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and heat 1 T coconut oil in an oven-safe skillet over a medium-high heat. Carefully place the chicken in the skillet and pan-sear for about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer the skillet to the oven and allow the chicken to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
4. In a clean skillet, melt the butter over a medium heat. Saute the garlic for a minute or two, until fragrant. Transfer the butter and garlic to a food processor or high speed blender, and set aside.
5. In the same skillet saute the broccoli in the remaining melted butter for 6-8 minutes or bright green and crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Once the cauliflower is fork tender, reserve the broth as you spoon the florets into the food processor with the butter and garlic. Spoon 1 cup of the broth into the food processor. Add the salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Add more broth as needed until it becomes a smooth sauce.
7. Using a spiral slicer or julienne peeler, slice the summer squash into long thin noodles. In the skillet used to cook the broccoli, saute the spiralized squash ribbons for 2-3 minutes until cooked, but still crisp. Stir in the in the cauliflower sauce and cooked broccoli.
8. Slice the chicken and top the pasta. Serve and enjoy!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!