This article is shared with permission from our friends at foodmatters.tv.
Pineapples have a list of incredible health benefits, including everything from reducing bloating, strengthening bones, fighting off the flu, getting gorgeous glowing skin and even assisting in preventing gum disease.
While some curry recipes leave you feeling bloated, this one comes with the best digestive enzymes (bromelain, the enzyme found in pineapples) and help reduce swelling and inflammation. “Bromelain is thought to assist in digestion by breaking down proteins in the stomach,” according to the American Cancer Society.
- Liver disease (bloating + jaundice)
- Colon cancer (bloating + bleeding +constipation)
- Uterine cancer (bloating + abnormal vaginal bleeding + a watery or blood-tinged vaginal discharge)
- Pancreatic cancer (bloating + jaundice + weight loss + poor appetite)
- Crohn’s disease (bloating + weight loss + vomiting after meals + nausea)
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
This sweet, yellow fruit has a long history of promoting digestive health, even being said to relieve constipation and treat other digestive disorders.
- Strengthens the immune system and fights free radicals.
- Contributes to eye health and reduces the risk of macular degeneration.
- Reduces the look of aging by playing an active role in collagen synthesis. Collagen helps keep our skin smooth and supple, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Lowers the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
There are many ways to enjoy the health benefits of pineapples, including savory ways! Have dinner on the table in no time with this delicious, fragrant pineapple curry!
Pineapple Curry Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 bell pepper diced (capsicum)
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon organic red curry paste
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 pineapple diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or pan. On medium-high heat, fry the onion for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the red curry paste, frying off until just fragrant.
- Add the celery, carrot, capsicum, coconut milk and stock. Simmer for 10-15 mins. Remove from heat and place curry mixture into a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, lightly pan-fry cashews then stir in the pineapple. Remove from heat and add to the curry mixture.
- Stir cooked quinoa through the curry mixture and toss through spinach.
- Serve & enjoy!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!