This Planking Challenge is Perfect for You, and Here’s Why:
- You will achieve a toned body. (1)
- You will reduce back pain and risk of injury.(2)
- You will become more flexible. (3)
- Your mood will improve by decreasing tension. (4)
- Your posture will straighten. (5)
- You will gain more balance. (6)
- You will boost your metabolism to burn more fat. (7)
All these things can be yours by investing under four minutes of your day to this exercise. Yes, you read this right: four minutes!
How to Hold the Proper Plank
Before you get onto the floor, here’s the guidelines for planking:
- Hold your elbows directly underneath the shoulders and align the wrists with the elbows.
- Push your body up into the upper back and hold your chin close to the neck (imagine you are holding an egg in between your chin and throat).
- In this position, brace your abdominals, squeeze your gluteal (tailbone) and thigh muscles while continuing to breathe normally. (8)
Are You Ready?
Get set. Go!
The 28-Day Planking Challenge:
- Day 1 – 20 seconds
- Day 2 – 20 seconds
- Day 3 – 30 seconds
- Day 4 – 30 seconds
- Day 5 – 40 seconds
- Day 6 – Rest
- Day 7 – 45 seconds
- Day 8 – 45 seconds
- Day 9 – 60 seconds
- Day 10 – 60 seconds
- Day 11 – 60 seconds
- Day 12 – 90 seconds
- Day 13 – Rest
- Day 14 – 90 seconds
- Day 15 – 90 seconds
- Day 16 – 120 seconds
- Day 17 – 120 seconds
- Day 18 – 150 seconds
- Day 19 – Rest
- Day 20 – 150 seconds
- Day 21 – 150 seconds
- Day 22 – 180 seconds
- Day 23 – 180 seconds
- Day 24 – 210 seconds
- Day 25 – Rest
- Day 26 – 210 seconds
- Day 27 – 240 seconds
- Day 28 – Until failure (9)
‘Until failure’ meaning until you collapse. I’d bet you can go a lot longer than 240 seconds, and you won’t even notice.
You can see in the beginning you are not expected to plank for four minutes. That’s the beauty of this challenge. You can begin at any time, at any level, and are guaranteed fantastic results. Even though this is one simple exercise, you are working your whole body. You may not believe me until you do it.
What are You Waiting For?
Seriously? Why aren’t you planking already? Day one is only 20 seconds. It took you longer than 20 seconds to read this article. Get off your computer or phone for half a minute and begin this exercise. Don’t worry; I’ll wait for you to return.
No, I lied. I’m signing off now. I need to do my own planking for the day.
(1) (3)Dr. Mercola (December 05, 2014) 5 Benefits of Doing Plank Exercise. Retrieved from http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2014/12/05/5-plank-benefits.aspx#_edn5
(2) (4) (5) (6) (7) LASZLO, SZABO. 7 Things That Will Happen When You Start Doing Planks Every Day. Retrieved from http://www.lifehack.org/292578/7-things-that-will-happen-when-you-start-doing-planks-every-day
(8) McCall, Pete (2/4/2013) 5 EXERCISES TO FLATTEN YOUR STOMACH AND REDUCE LOW-BACK PAIN. Retrieved from https://www.acefitness.org/blog/3092/5-exercises-to-flatten-your-stomach-and-reduce-low
(9) (August 3, 2016) The 28-Day Planking Challenge You Must Try! Retrieved from http://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/28-day-planking-challenge-must-try/
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.