There’s nothing quite like the sweet taste of a tangerine on a summer day. But the one’s from the store can be covered in pesticides and expensive when they’re out of season. I’ll let you in on a secret; you can grow your own tangerines year round right at home!
Benefits of Tangerines
Tangerines are filled with a compound called flavonoids. One in particular is nobiletin which can be found as much as 5 times more than that of sweet oranges. This is what gives the fruit anti-inflammatory and even anti-cancer abilities!
Along with this, they’re packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, hesperidin and potassium. All of these combine to give tangerines plenty of benefits like:
- Boosting the immune system
- Fight inflammation
- Promote the proper function of the lungs
- Fight cancer
- Anti-oxidizing and antibacterial properties
- Controls high blood pressure
- Boosts HDL cholesterol (‘good’ cholesterol)
- Reduce risk of blood clots
How to Grow your Own Tangerines
What you need
- Medium sized flower pot with holes in the bottom
- Small stones
- Organic soil
- Tangerine seeds
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
What to do
- Lace the bottom of the flowerpot with small stones
- Place a bit of sand on the ground for better ventilation
- Fill the pot with organic soil
- Sow the tangerine seeds and cover them well. Do not press firmly!
- Water and place in sunlight
You should also add a fertilizer high in magnesium, zinc and iron on occasion. Water when the soil is dry up to an inch deep. Be sure to cut away any broken or withered branches to keep the tree healthy.
Check out this video for some more tips on keeping your container plants healthy!
A tangerine tree has been a great addition to my home, and I know it’ll be a great one for yours too! Never buy them from the store again and you’ll always have the freshest home-grown fruit you can.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!