Dog owners know the struggle of taking cold walks in the winter with their furry friend. Not only is it freezing, but you’re worried about your dog’s paws picking up salt, clumps of ice, and even harsh chemicals from cars. And let’s be honest, those little dog boots do not work for everyone (as this video adorably demonstrates)!
So what can you do protect your pet from the harsh winter ground without resorting to awkward dog boots? Make an all-natural protective wax! It moisturizes and protects their feet from irritating debris on the ground and even helps prevent ice and snow from freezing to their toes. Here’s how to do it
DIY Paw Wax for Natural Winter Protection
What You Need:
- 3 oz beeswax
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons calendula oil
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on low-medium heat and melt together, stirring.
- Pour into a container of your choice (recycled lids are a great option. Choose one that’s wide enough for your dog’s paws). Let set at room temperature.
- Once set, you can rub your dog’s paws directly onto the wax in the container and you’re ready to go!
To find more tips for Dog Lovers everywhere, check out these articles:
- 16 Clues for Reading Your Dog’s Body Language
- 8 Foods You Should Never Feed Your Dog
- 3 Easy Homemade Dog Food Recipes
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.