Dog owners know the struggle of taking cold walks in the winter with their furry friend. Not only is it freezing, but you’re worried about your dog’s paws picking up salt, clumps of ice, and even harsh chemicals from cars. And let’s be honest, those little dog boots do not work for everyone (as this video adorably demonstrates)!
So what can you do protect your pet from the harsh winter ground without resorting to awkward dog boots? Make an all-natural protective wax! It moisturizes and protects their feet from irritating debris on the ground and even helps prevent ice and snow from freezing to their toes. Here’s how to do it
DIY Paw Wax for Natural Winter Protection
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy.
What You Need:
- 3 oz beeswax
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons calendula oil
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
What to Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on low-medium heat and melt together, stirring.
- Pour into a container of your choice (recycled lids are a great option. Choose one that’s wide enough for your dog’s paws). Let set at room temperature.
- Once set, you can rub your dog’s paws directly onto the wax in the container and you’re ready to go!
To find more tips for Dog Lovers everywhere, check out these articles:
- 16 Clues for Reading Your Dog’s Body Language
- 8 Foods You Should Never Feed Your Dog
- 3 Easy Homemade Dog Food Recipes
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!