Taking care of your skin is a daily duty. But if you manage to do all the little, natural things right, it’s easy to keep your skin looking far younger than your chronological age might suggest. Simple things like wiping off your phone and changing your pillowcase more often can mean all the difference over the course of your life.
1. Take your makeup off every single night.
2. Massage your face to de-puff.
Facial massage can release tension, increase circulation, stimulate muscles, firm tissue in the face, get your lymph flowing, and let serums penetrate more deeply into your skin.
3. Don’t squeeze a pimple. Seriously.
4. Keep your hands off your face.
5. Eat for your skin.
6. Harness the power of your refrigerator.
If you suffer from dark under-eye circles of puffiness, keeping your eye cream and hydrating masks in the fridge can boost their power since cooler temps will temporarily treat inflammation.
7. Ice cubes are bad news for pimples.
Speaking of cooler temperatures, an ice cube can be your best friend if you’re dealing with an angry, red blemish.
8. When in doubt, raid your pantry.
Whether it’s a coconut oil moisturizer, oatmeal soak, sugar scrub, or tea treatment, chances are you already own a lot of all-natural, skin-friendly, anti-aging powerhouse ingredients; just check your kitchen.
9. Clean your cellphone.
10. Change your pillowcases.
11. Don’t use the same towel on your face and hair.
12. Your hair products are probably affecting your skin.
Many conventional hair care products can cause breakouts on your face, shoulders, and back because the chemicals and oils in the products will build up over time and clog pores.
13. Understand what your breakouts are trying to tell you.
Acne is your body’s way of communicating that there’s something wrong internally. That pimple on your forehead? You might be having liver issues. A breakout near your chin? A hormone imbalance is probably to blame.
14. Water, water, and more water.
Probably the easiest thing you can do for your skin is to drink water.
15. Plant a garden.
The best skin care ingredients are home grown.
16. Exfoliation is your friend.
We lose millions of skin cells every day and if you’re not exfoliating them away, they’ll hang around on your face and cause your skin to look gray and sullen, clog pores, and let oil build up.
17. Know that a strong smell doesn’t mean something is working.
A smell not found in nature is a good indicator that your product contains fragrance, the number one allergen in conventional cosmetics.
This article was republished with permission from mindbodygreen.com.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!