Whenever I bake fruit I feel guilty because I am losing some of the amazing nutrients that fruits have to offer by scorching them in high temperatures. Here is the solution, freeze instead of bake! You don’t lose as many nutrients and you can still enjoy them in delicious recipes!
This no bake raspberry chocolate truffle recipe is especially one to try because it contains good fat and protein. When these are combined we are given a recipe that is amazing for our blood sugar and hormone levels. So get all your ingredients ready because you’ll want to make this as soon as you finish reading what these ingredients can do for you!
Raspberries: Nature’s Candy
Raspberries have been dubbed nature’s candy, but how can we call this fruit candy when they do such amazing things for our body? Studies have shown that by consuming raspberries and other plant foods you can decrease your risk of obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. Raspberries also do the following:
- Raspberries are packed with flavonoids which help lower inflammation and suppress it. This can help decrease our risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Raspberries are especially good at preventing cardiovascular disease because of one flavonoid, anthocyanins. The polyphenol content in raspberries can also reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing blood pressure.
- The potassium content in raspberries supports heart health as well.
- Raspberries contain antioxidants that work against free radicals (toxins) in our body. This helps decrease inflammation and tumor growth helping to prevent many types of cancer such as lung, mouth, prostate, and colon among others.
- Raspberries are high in fiber which can keep blood sugar stable. Diabetics would benefit from consuming high-fiber foods as this nutrient can help them improve their blood sugar and insulin levels.
- The fiber and water content in raspberries can help prevent constipation and help maintain a healthy digestive tract. This dietary fiber also helps reduce the risk of inflammation-related conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, and obesity.
- Raspberries are high in vitamin C, which keeps our eyes healthy by protecting them from UV light or harmful blue light rays.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at foodmatters.tv.
No Bake Raspberry Chocolate Truffles
Serves: Makes 14 – 16 truffles
Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
Freeze time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup freeze-dried organic raspberries, divided
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 10)
- 1 cup raw pecans (or nuts of choice)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Add the raspberries to the bowl of a food processor and process on high until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To the food processor, add the dates. Process until broken apart and sticky, about 30 seconds. Add pecans and process until ground and evenly distributed in the dates.
- With the food processor running, add the remaining ingredients (minus raspberries) and process until a dough begins to form. You should be able to pinch it between your fingers and it will stay together. Pulse in half the raspberries.
- Form the dough into golf ball-sized truffles (you should get 14 – 16 balls). Roll each ball in the raspberry powder and transfer to a plate. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!