Picture this: you wake up in the morning, stretch your body out while still in your warm bed, and then make your way into the bathroom, only to find that the hair you plucked from your chin yesterday is back, and longer than ever. It’s infuriating! As we age, unwanted hair is inevitably going to grow in unwanted places. And, depending on what kind of face you want to present to the world, this can be a huge problem. The ways in which we remove facial hair can be tedious and painful, but by using this natural DIY turmeric hair removal remedy, it doesn’t have to be!
Why Do Women Get More Facial Hair As They Age?
As women grow older, more and more hair seems to pop up on the face. To the point that women who have never used a hair removal method are now forced to find ways to get rid of those pesky hairs, sometimes on a weekly basis. Well, there’s actually a scientific explanation for this.
At major changes in our lives, such as childbirth and menopause, our hormones change drastically, which affects the rate at which our hair grows. There is evidence to suggest that estrogen has an effect on human hair growth, and changes in the level of estrogen in the body may influence that growth.
For many women, these changes are normal, but about one in fourteen women may be experiencing a condition called hirsutism.
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted, male-pattern hair growth in women. It results in excessive amounts of dark, coarse hair on areas of the body that men typically will grow hair (face, chest, back). This medical condition arises from excess male hormones called androgens, primarily testosterone.
In 1961, an endocrinologist named Dr. David Ferriman sought to investigate this issue with women in a study that came to some interesting conclusions. The study looked at 11 body areas of women rating, the hair from 0 (no hair) to 4 (extensive hair). Thus, the Ferriman-Gallwey scale was born.
Since this study, the scale has been simplified, scoring just nine body areas (upper lip, chin, chest, upper stomach, lower stomach, upper arms, upper legs, upper back and lower back). The total score is then added up – less than 8 is considered “normal”, 8-15 is considered “mild-hirsutism” and a score of greater than 15 is moderate to severe hirsutism.
But, in many cases, hair growth is hereditary and offers no real reason to be concerned. Despite that, most of us would rather not grow a big beard as we age, so here is a fabulous, natural way to remove that hair using turmeric.
Try This Natural Turmeric Recipe
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder
Water to combine
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and turmeric
- Add a small amount of water to combine the ingredients. There should be enough water that the mixture becomes a paste
- Apply directly to areas that you wish to remove the hair
- Allow the mixture to dry on your skin
- When the mixture is dry, rub it off of the skin using your fingers
- Complete the procedure by washing your face with your favorite face wash in order to remove the turmeric color, and apply moisturizer
Do not use on dry or sensitive skin, as it can tend to dry out the skin.
Do not use processed turmeric, as this can tend to stain. Instead, focus on using organic turmeric powder in this remedy.
When using any product you want to make sure that it’s of the highest quality possible so that you can get the benefits that you deserve. That’s why we recommend this Feel Good Organics Turmeric Powder that’s 100% raw and harvested from turmeric plants in India. This package is packed full of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so not only will you be able to safely remove your unwanted hair, but you’ll also be able to reap the many benefits that turmeric powder has to offer.
You can check out this amazing product by clicking here.
3 More Natural Tricks to Remove Facial Hair
- Lemon, Sugar, and Water: Squeeze out the juice of two lemons, slowly add water and sugar, stirring constantly until it makes a fine paste. Apply to your upper lip, wait 15 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Potatoes: Cut a potato into fine slices, then rub the slices on the upper lip. Leave overnight. Repeat daily for about a week to start seeing results.
- Lemon and Honey: Combine lemon juice and honey in a bowl. Apply the mixture to your upper lip, then rinse off after 2 minutes. Repeat for 2 weeks.
Regardless of our age, we want to put our best face forward in the world. New-found hairs in unexpected places are a natural part of aging, so there’s no need for you to worry if you notice a few hairs here and there. However, these hairs can be annoying and create a feeling of self-consciousness. With these remedies to remove facial hair, you’ll be able to look as good as you feel, every day.
- Susan Stevenson, Julie Thornton. (2007, Sept.). Effect of Estrogens on Skin Aging and the Potential Role of SERMs. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2685269/
- Mayo Clinic Staff. Hirsutism. Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hirsutism/symptoms-causes/syc-20354935
- Dr. David Ferriman, J.D. Gallwey. (1961, Nov. 1). Clinical Assessment of Body Hair Growth in Women. Retrieved from https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/21/11/1440/2719628
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!