I could have sworn they were paper flower crafts and not natural plants. Rose succulents are literally one of the most beautiful succulent species in the world. Botanically referred to as Greenovia dodrentalis, these lovely plants have hard, curved multi-layered petals that give them the appearance of long roses.
Rose succulents are rare plants native to the Canary Islands. As of recent times, more people are starting to grow these plants due to the availability of their seeds online. Due to their succulent nature, they can retain water in hot climates and arid soil conditions.
Rose succulents are beautiful, and they easily remind you of surreal fairytales. They mostly grow in shades of green, adding a fresh, lively, and magical appearance to your home or garden .
Benefits of rose succulents
These plants aren’t just beautifying – they also have several wonderful health, environmental, and creative benefits common to nearly all succulent plants.
For starters, rose succulents can help to purify the air in your home, like many other house plants, and work to replenish it with fresh oxygen . Green plants require carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, and in the process, oxygen and water are given off as by-products. They suck in contaminated air and release pure, fresh oxygen into the atmosphere. They also reduce the amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from the .
VOCs are harmful to the vital organs in the human body, especially the liver and the heart. These toxins contaminate the air by getting mixed up with other compounds such as oxygen and nitrogen. Benzene and formaldehyde are two VOCs that are also powerful carcinogens.
Our newest fat-burning dessert recipe book just released and we’ve reserved a free digital copy for you! Click the button and simply let me know where you want us to email it and you’ll have it in your inbox today…Grab my free copy
They are therapeutic plants. Rose succulent blossoms are so peaceful and beautiful that they are used in visual therapy to relax the mind and reduce physical pain. Horticultural therapy research conducted by Kansas State University suggests that the presence of plants, including succulents, in hospital rooms may help to improve patient outcomes.
They can grow just about anywhere
Succulents are thick-leaved, fleshy plants that can thrive in any climate and survive where most other plants cannot, which is why they are so popular. Rose succulents would require a measure of bright light for photosynthesis. They don’t need to be watered so much because they have high water retention capabilities, storing water in their roots, stems, and leaves. Even in the hottest deserts, these plants can thrive for months without losing so much of their green freshness.
Grooming your Greenovia
Rose succulents germinate faster in gritty, fast draining soil and are best planted in well-drained pots . They should be nursed before transplanting to larger pots or to the garden. Plant your seedlings in a flat tray and water them minimally until they begin to develop leaves. You may then transplant carefully, making sure to keep them in brightly lit locations but away from direct sunlight.
During the winter, it’s important to reduce the quantity of water the plants are receiving. They tend to retain twice as much moisture in the cold. Spring is also the best time to fertilize the plants and increase the water quantity again. Water them generously during the hot summer when the topsoil would most likely dry up quickly.
Avoid the use of insecticides, but you should always manually remove any insects or critters that may burrow in your plants. While they’re just doing what they need to, it’s best to remove them for your plant’s health.
Rose succulents are amazingly beautiful plants that should grace your home in potpourris, vases, pots, hanging bowls, and even cages.
- Admin. Rose Succulents Are A Thing And They Look Straight Out Of A Fairytale. Moon Child. https://moon-child.net/rose-succulents-are-a-thing-and-they-look-straight-out-of-a-fairytale/. Retrieved 24/06/19
- Succulen. 7 Benefits of Growing Succulents in Your Home. Succulents.net. http://www.succulents.net/7-benefits-growing-succulents-home/. Retrieved 24/06/19
- House-plant placement for indoor air purification and health benefits on asthmatics https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258716/ Retrieved 24/06/19
- Grant, Bonnie. Learn About A Rose-Shaped Succulent Called Greenovia Dodrentalis. Gardening Know How. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/greenovia/growing-greenovia-dodrentalis.htm. Retrieved 24/06/19
- Admin. Types of Succulents. Succulents and Sunshine. https://www.succulentsandsunshine.com/types-of-succulents-plants/. Retrieved 24/06/19
- Vidyasagar, Apama. What Is Photosynthesis? Live Science. https://www.livescience.com/51720-photosynthesis.html. Retrieved 24/06/19
- Admin. Horticultural Therapy Research. Kansas State University. https://hnr.k-state.edu/research/hort-and-health/hort-therapy/research.html. Retrieved 24/06/19
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes