When it comes to choosing what foods we want to eat, we often need to consider the aftermath of the choice.
Foods may leave us feeling groggy and tired. With fermented foods, however, there’s no need to worry about any such thing. You can be certain that you’ll be left feeling more energetic and be in a better mood than before.
How well do you know your healthy ingredients? Take the quiz to find out!
Serves: Makes about 1 gallon
Prep Time: 20 minutes active prep
Total Time: 4 weeks
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage with salt and caraway seeds. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pack cabbage mixture into a large glass food container. Top with a quartered onion to fit inside the container, weighing it down. Cover container with a paper towel and secure with a rubber band.
- Place in a cool spot overnight. Check to make sure the sauerkraut is completely submerged in liquid. Check cabbage every other day for 2 weeks, skimming off of any scum that may form on the surface.
- Let stand for at least 4 weeks total. Then store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at draxe.com .
1. Group, E. (2015, July 2). The 9 Best Fermented Foods for Your Gut. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-9-best-fermented-foods-for-your-gut/
2. DiLonardo, M. (n.d). What are probiotics? Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/features/what-are-probiotics
3. (2012, May 17). 6 Healing Benefits of Probiotics. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.foodmatters.com/article/6-healing-benefits-of-probiotics
4. Axe, J. (n.d.). Sauerkraut Recipe. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from https://draxe.com/recipe/sauerkraut-recipe/
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: