When it comes to choosing what foods we want to eat, we often need to consider the aftermath of the choice.
Foods may leave us feeling groggy and tired. With fermented foods, however, there’s no need to worry about any such thing. You can be certain that you’ll be left feeling more energetic and be in a better mood than before.
How well do you know your healthy ingredients? Take the quiz to find out!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at draxe.com .
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Serves: Makes about 1 gallon
Prep Time: 20 minutes active prep
Total Time: 4 weeks
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage with salt and caraway seeds. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pack cabbage mixture into a large glass food container. Top with a quartered onion to fit inside the container, weighing it down. Cover container with a paper towel and secure with a rubber band.
- Place in a cool spot overnight. Check to make sure the sauerkraut is completely submerged in liquid. Check cabbage every other day for 2 weeks, skimming off of any scum that may form on the surface.
- Let stand for at least 4 weeks total. Then store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
1. Group, E. (2015, July 2). The 9 Best Fermented Foods for Your Gut. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-9-best-fermented-foods-for-your-gut/
2. DiLonardo, M. (n.d). What are probiotics? Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/features/what-are-probiotics
3. (2012, May 17). 6 Healing Benefits of Probiotics. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.foodmatters.com/article/6-healing-benefits-of-probiotics
4. Axe, J. (n.d.). Sauerkraut Recipe. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from https://draxe.com/recipe/sauerkraut-recipe/
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!