You’ve probably heard the term “juicing” come up a lot as of late; it’s a trend that’s blown up in recent years. Juicing isn’t just another fad dieting trick, there are a bunch health benefits that come with drinking your fruit and veg. One of the major perks of juicing is that it facilitates weight loss and a healthy colon.
How Juicing Can Benefit You
If you hate the taste of vegetables, juicing is an easy way to get fruits and veggies into your diet (1). Blending together some not-so-tasty leafy greens with sweet fruit can mask the taste of those vegetables no one likes to eat.
Juicing is also a super convenient way supplement your daily diet with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants you normally wouldn’t consume (2). It can be incredibly difficult to get the recommended amount of fruits and veg in. In fact, a lot of people don’t eat anything throughout the day then end up overdoing it when they get home. Juicing ensures you stay well nourished and makes eating easy for the busiest of people.
Lastly, juicing ensures that all those fruits and vegetables you buy don’t go to waste. Fresh produce has a short expiration date, which can be a problem for many people. However, most juicing recipes use at least a couple whole fruits/vegetables, eliminating that issue entirely (3).
The Health Benefits of Pineapples and Cucumbers
Pineapples are deliciously sweet fruit that are low in calories and have a number of health benefits (4). Pineapples contain a variety of vitamins, antioxidents, and enzymes that help to strengthen bones, boost your immune system, and aid in digestion (4). Pineapples also contain a fair amount of bromelain, an enzyme that is thought to aid in digestion by breaking down proteins (4).
Cucumbers, on the other hand, are water-dense members of the Cucurbitaceae family that also contain highly beneficial nutrients (5). Cucumbers are composed of vitamin K, magnesium, and potassium, nutrients that have benefits including bone health and cardiovascular health (5). Another advantage of eating cucumbers is that because they contain so much water, they help to prevent dehydration, which is a major case of constipation and intestinal issues (5).
How Pineapples and Cucumbers Aid in Weight Loss
Pineapples and cucumbers are fruit that are particularly helpful in the department of weight loss. Both of these low-calorie foods are great to incorporate into any diet when you’re trying to shed a few pounds.
The low-calorie content in pineapple makes it a low energy density food that helps with weight loss (6). Low energy density foods make you feel full after consuming them despite the fact that they contain few calories (6). Pineapples also have a fair amount of dietary fibre, which keeps your digestive system moving and can help you lose weight (4).
Similarly, cucumbers aid in weight loss because they are so low calorie. Cucumbers also have a high water content of 96%, which helps with losing weight (7). The combination of this superfood being both high in water and low in calories makes it the perfect weight-loss tool. In one analysis of low calorie, high water foods, it was found that they were associated with a successful reduction in body weight (8).
The P&C Juicing Recipe For A Healthy Colon
- ½ inch – 1-inch slice of pineapple
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 apple
- 2 large celery stalks
- 2 medium peeled carrot
This simple juicing recipe will provide you with a days’ worth of fruit and veg and keep your colon happy. Read this next to learn 12 effective juice recipes for a dozen different ailments.
(1) Nguyen, A. (2014, February 25). Juicing for Health and Weight Loss. Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/juicing-health-risks-and-benefits#2
(2) Brown, M.J. (2016, March 22). Juicing: Good or Bad? Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/juicing-good-or-bad
(3) Lai, B. (n.d.). How to Start Juicing: 7-Day Juice Plan to Add More Fruits and Vegetables to Your Diet. Retrieved from http://www.eatingwell.com/article/278357/how-to-start-juicing-7-day-juice-plan-to-add-more-fruits-and-vegetables-to-your-diet/
(4) Szalay, J. (2018, January 19). Pineapple: Health Benefits, Risks & Nutrition Facts. Retrieved from https://www.livescience.com/45487-pineapple-nutrition.html
(5) Ware, M. (2018, January 59. How to get the health benefits of cucumber. Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/283006.php
(6) Bruso, J. (2017, October 3). Is Pineapple Good for Losing Weight? Retrieved from https://www.livestrong.com/article/417354-is-pineapple-good-for-losing-weight/
(7) Link, R. (2017, May 19). 7 Health Benefits of Eating Cucumber. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-health-benefits-of-cucumber
(8) Stelmach-Mardas, M., Rodacki, T., Doborowolska-Iwanek, J., Brozozowska, A., Walkowiak, J., Wojtanowska-Krosniak, A., Zagrodzki, P., Bechthold, A., Mardas, M., Boeing, H. (2016, April 20). Link Between Food Energy Density and Body Weight Changes in Obese Adults. Nutrients, 8 (4). Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4848697/
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:Lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days by eating these foods daily
(upgrades you to level 4 fat burning status)