Deodorants. They’re full of harmful chemicals and expensive. They’ve been linked to certain types of cancer.
Harmful ingredients include: aluminium, parabens, propylene glycol, phthalates, and triclsoan. All of which are linked to either cancer, hormone unbalance, birth defects, organ toxicity, or central nervous system failure. Knowing all of these things, I hastily abandoned my usual deodorant in favour of natural deodorants.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
The problem there is that they can be incredibly expensive, and I often find that the smells aren’t as appealing as some of the name brands. So I invented my own, then found a few other ingredients over the web that have helped me improve the formula.
So I’ve a few different recipes for you.
Make a note, these aren’t antiperspirants, they’re deodorants. Which are probably better for you anyway. Also, all of the recipes are made for sensitive skin, but if you’re skin isn’t sensitive, you can forgo the Arrow Root powder and just use baking soda. If the recipe burns, reduce baking soda and add more Arrow Root.
Liquid (aka attempt number 1)
This is the easiest method to make, and you likely have most of the ingredients lying around your house.
- 1/3 Cup of coconut oil
- 2 Tblsps of baking soda (optional)
- 1/3 arrow root powder (Add and additional two tablespoons of arrow root powder if you omit the baking soda)
- 5-15 drops of essential oils (I like vanilla and bergamot)
- Mash the baking soda and arrowroot and coconut oil together.
- Add your essential oils to the mixture. Then mix your ingredients together again.
- Scoop the mixture into an airtight container.
- Remember, this version can get a bit messy and needs to be applied a few minutes before you dress. It should also be kept in the fridge during summer to stop it melting everywhere.
Solid (aka attempt number 2)
This is my second favourite method, but definitely the messiest to make.
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Shea Butter (or mango or cocoa butter)
- 1 Tablespoon of Beeswax pastilles
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Soda
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Arrow Root
- 10-15 drops of essential oils
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter in a jar.
- Remove from heat and mix in the powders.
- Mix in the essential oils.
- Pour into a mold, (a cupcake liner works perfectly) and let cool. Remove from liner and use.
To Use: Rub the bar under your arms.
Powder (final attempt)
This one is easiest to make, although possibly the most to expensive to make.
- 4 Tablespoons of Charcoal Powder (You can also use cornstarch)
- 2 Tablespoons of Arrow Root Powder
- 2 Tablespoon of Lycopodium Powder
- 10-15 Drops of Essential Oil
- Mix the powders together.
- Put Essential Oils on a cotton ball.
- Put the cotton ball in the bottom of a shaker (use a salt shaker or body powder shaker).
- Pour the powder mix over the cotton ball.
- Leave in a dark place for two weeks, shaking every other day. (This infuses the scent through the powder).
To use: shake a bit into your palm and rub it under your arms. This one is very effective.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!