“Chronic inflammation is known to be a contributor to many common Western diseases.” – Kris Gunnars, authoritynutrition.com
Stress, Inflammation & Disease
With the current lifestyle, many of us have become accustomed to, stress is not uncommon. Busy jobs, technology, environmental factors, relationships, feelings of uncertainty, can all trigger stress. But did you know that chronic stress can reduce your body’s ability to manage its inflammatory response?
People in chronic stress become prone to inflammation and so many associated health conditions and diseases. The good news is that in this article, we tell you about 5 easy-to-make anti-inflammatory drinks to reduce inflammation. Short-term inflammation helps the body, but sometimes inflammation is chronic inflammation, and that’s the type we want to focus on healing.
1. Ginger Tea
The anti-inflammatory ingredient in this recipe is ginger, which has medicinal properties similar to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Studies show that ginger can help prevent colon cancer by reducing inflammation. Here is a very simple ginger tea to sip while enjoying the relaxation benefits of chamomile.
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups of water
- 1 juiced lemon
- Ice cubes
- A drop of honey or maple syrup
- 3 whole dried chamomile flowers
- Take 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger.
- Place that in a pot, with 4 cups of water.
- Add in your chamomile flowers.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once it’s at a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once done, strain the drink into glasses with a lot of ice.
- Add a big drop (some would wanna put in a teaspoon) of your favorite honey or maple syrup.
2. Tasty Turmeric Drink
Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory mainly due to the curcumin in it. Curcumin works on various parts of the inflammatory response, with medical research backing up these effects.Igniting the power of turmeric for your health, a turmeric milk recipe from dietitian Mckel Hill.
- 2 cups of homemade almond milk (you can use store-bought, or regular milk. I’d go for unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon local honey(I’d make it organic, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick, or one teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger
- Pour all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk to combine all the ingredients. Put the heat on low, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger or other ingredients floating in it.
- To serve, add a dash of honey or cinnamon, and enjoy.
3. The Nut-Green Smoothie
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Dark green vegetables, like kale and spinach, all contain vitamin E. Vitamin E helps protect the body from cytokines, molecules that really trigger the inflammatory response.
These dark greens, especially kale and spinach, can be an excellent base to many healthy smoothies. Nuts are also anti-inflammatory.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ an apple, chopped
- ½ a cup of blueberries
- ¼ a cup of nuts (I’d go with almonds, walnuts or pecans)
- If you want to make this into a meal, add in ¼ of a cup protein powder
- Pour your milk into a blender.
- Toss in the softer ingredients at the bottom, and harder ones at top.
- Blend into a smoothie.
4. The Very Berries Smoothie
Thanks to their anthocyanins and antioxidant properties, berries are perfect to include in our anti-inflammatory diet. Here is a smoothie featuring berries, and the other powerful anti-inflammatory, cherry.
- 1 ¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ cup of frozen of fresh tart cherries
- 1 ½ cup of berries (blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 1 large banana, peeled
- Pour in the almond milk into your blender.
- Toss in the rest of the ingredients, softer food in first.
- Add in a bit of water and pulse to make the drink thinner, if needed.
5. The Basic Beetroot and Carrot Juice
Beets are powerful in lessening inflammation and are so nutritious that they even help against cancer. Here is a recipe unlike our other ones, using only 3 ingredients, taken from glamrs.com.
- Toss the ingredients into the blender and blend.
- Put in water, as needed, along the way to make thinner.
Here you go! Heartwarming (in an anti-inflammatory way) recipes to give a try today!
If you liked these, give this one a try too!
Here are a few more great smoothie recipes you have to try!!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!