We love our kids. No doubt about that. They are bundles of joy given to us by the universe to set our lives on a path of unbridled love, affection, and happiness. At least, that’s what many of us think.
However, this doesn’t change the fact that they drive us nuts sometimes. Staying at home to look after your kids can be more difficult than going to a hectic job . Kids can drain our energy, especially newborns. Feeding, soothing, singing to sleep, bathing, changing, powdering, playing, cooing, gagging – the unconditional love we have for them doesn’t always relieve the stress. Stay-at-home parents can relate better to this, especially those with many kids.
They don’t usually like to complain about their ordeals. Most people would wonder, “What’s so hard about staying at home all day with your little one(s)?” People judge them without thinking about what they go through every day. It’s true that constantly complaining can do more harm than good, but everyone deserves to once in a while and they need to be taken seriously.
When most working parents spend a day at home with their kids, even on paid leave, many can’t wait to get back to work.
AVEENO Baby U.K. survey
A nationwide survey conducted in the U.K. has shown that many parents get more stressed while staying at home with their kids that going to work . The survey, conducted by AVEENO® Baby, had a sample size of the of 1,500 mothers and fathers from around the country. These parents either worked various types of jobs or were stay-at-home parents.
The results of the survey were as follows:
- 31% agreed that staying at home with kids is more stressful than going to work.
- 40% agreed that after having their own first child, they stopped judging new parents for complaining too much.
- 55% believed that having a baby is hard work even with a strong support system.
- 25% voted that having a baby is easy.
- Despite NCT (National Childbirth Trust) classes and self-help books, 45 percent of the women said they wouldn’t have coped without their own mother’s advice.
- 39% of the parents said they are constantly exhausted.
- 71% of the moms and dads believed that social media made parenting more competitive, with everyone trying to level up to someone else.
- 27% felt they are under pressure to be perfect parents.
- 22% are worried about their newborns’ eating habits.
- 9% are worried about their kids’ sleep patterns.
Despite all these, 42% agreed that they experienced true, unconditional love for the first time when they had their first baby.
“Becoming a parent is an amazing experience, but we understand that entering this new chapter of life can also bring with it a great deal of stress and worry, so we wanted to discover more about what new parents experience in the first few years, what they wish they had known and how best we can support them,” Aveeno Baby Skin expert, Rebecca Bennett, told The Sun.
The verdict is, taking care of kids is not an easy feat. Nevertheless, their heart-warming smiles, tiny feet, soft bums, and cloud-like hair will do a lot to override any exhaustion we feel. One moment, we want to grab our bags and run for the door. The next, you are on your back balancing your toddler on your belly.
It’s an on and off thing.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:Lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days by eating these foods daily
(upgrades you to level 4 fat burning status)