This recipe is the creation of Talia Chai, registered holistic nutritionist and clean foods chef. For more dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free recipes, check out Talia’s cookbook, Clean Eating here. Warning – recipes are designed to make you feel extra fabulous, bursting with energy and give you super glowing skin
Tell me if this sounds familiar: you buy a big bunch of herbs to use in your cooking, use a small amount, place the rest in your fridge and think, “I’ll use these later,” only to have them go bad and find them weeks later, wilted and forgotten!
Yes, this kitchen conundrum happens to the best of us. So, learning how to preserve leftover herbs can be a real game-changer. The beauty of preserving herbs in olive oil and freezing the cubes is that they can be used easily in the future.
The herbs even infuse the oil with their flavor over time.
Use these super-fresh cubes when making soups, stocks, stir-fry’s, pasta, roasted veggies – anything that involves cooking over heat. The options are endless!
A note: this preservation method works best with more fibrous, tough herbs. Rosemary, thyme, and oregano are perfect. Parsley, cilantro, basil and mint may get a bit soggy over time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme and oregano work best)
- good quality olive oil
- clean ice cube trays
- Pick the leaves of all your herbs and discard the stems. If the leaves are big (like rosemary leaves), chop them.
- Place leaves in ice cube tray(s), filling each cube about halfway to the top.
- Pour oil on top of herbs, covering them completely, filling each cube just over halfway to the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer overnight. Use a cube or two with your cooking.
- Will keep for 3-6 months.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.