You’ve heard of a protein bar after a workout, but have you ever heard of a protein ice cream?! It will certainly do a better job of cooling you down than a bar of nuts and seeds would. Plus, all these recipes are free of added sugars, super healthy, and unbelievably delicious!
And even if you haven’t worked out, these ice cream recipes are a treat you should feel little guilt indulging in.
Note: Many store bought almond milks contain few to little almonds. A homemade almond milk is ideal for your health.
1. Raspberry Almond Chocolate Protein Ice Cream (16g of protein)
- 16 oz organic cottage cheese
- 2 cups almond milk
- 4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup dark cacoa powder
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- 40g toasted almonds, crushed
- 30g fresh coconut shavings
- Using a blender or food processor, smooth the cottage cheese until it is creamy.
- Add almond milk, protein powder, cacoa powder, and vanilla to your cottage cheese.
- Mix until blended well, then pour your mixture into the ice cream maker for 25 minutes.
- Add raspberries, almonds, and coconut last and continue churning for about one minute.
2. Vanilla Blueberry Protein Ice Cream (18g of protein)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Mix all ingredients in your Vita-Mix, and freeze or add ice if necessary before serving.
3. Almond Protein Ice Cream (28g of protein)
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Mix together almond butter and protein powder in a bowl.
- Add almond milk with a whisk until it is pudding consistency, then freeze for 30 to 45 minutes for ice cream.
4. Banana Protein Ice Cream (38g of protein)
- 1 frozen banana (freeze without peel)
- 12 oz organic cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup banana Whey protein powder
- Mix together banana, cottage cheese, and protein powder until smooth in a food processor/blender.
- Add mixture to airtight container, then freeze for an hour. Stir every half hour for optimal results.
5. Vegan Almond Butter Banana Protein Ice Cream
- 6 frozen bananas (chopped into slices)
- 1 or 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla Vega One protein powder
- Mix together almond milk, bananas, almond butter, and protein powder in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour your mixture into an airtight container, then freeze it.
- Serve with cacao nibs on top.
6. Chocolate Banana Vegan Protein Ice Cream
- 4-5 organic bananas (frozen solid)
- 1-2 scoops chocolate or vanilla plant fusion powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
Mix together bananas, plant fusion powder, vanilla, and almond milk in a Vita-mix or blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
For more delicious protein ice cream recipes, visit Fitness Republic. Enjoy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes