Let’s all take a moment to be honest with ourselves: If brownies were good for us, we would eat them every day.
As it turns out, with a few substitutions, you can have your cake (err, brownie) and eat it, too, with these sugar-free, gluten-free protein brownies. Not only are they sweetened with Stevia and packed with protein, but they also have plenty of healthy fats, antioxidants, and are chocolatey enough to make your heart swoon.
Picking the Perfect Protein for Weight Loss
Protein is often the macronutrient most people miss when trying to lose weight. Adequate intake helps you to build muscle and burn fat more efficiently and keep it off. Protein powder can be a fantastic addition to your kitchen cupboard, but not all protein powders are made equal. Choose organic brands with natural ingredients. Fermented protein powders, New Zealand Whey, Raw, or Vegan Proteins without lots of gums and fillers are your best bet.
Ingredients to Avoid
If you see any of these ingredients listed, put that protein down! These powders can cause everything from flatulence and skin problems to weight gain and hormonal imbalances.(1) The shorter the ingredient list, the better.
- Casein and Whey Protein Concentrate
- Dextrin/Glucose (aka sugar!)
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Skim milk powders/milk solids
- Soy Protein
- Vegetable oils and fats
- Thickeners and gums
How well do you know your healthy ingredients? Take the quiz to find out!
Sugar-free Protein Brownies
Used with permission from The JS Health Program.
Makes: 8-10 slices
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 20 minutes
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons stevia powder or granules, optional
- Gogi berries, coconut, cacao nibs, etc, to top, optional
- Add all dry ingredients to a food processor.
- Process, adding water slowly until it reaches a smooth texture.
- Add mixture to a lined tin and press firmly into the corners. Press in any additional toppings.
- Freeze for 20 minutes then cut into squares.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.