This recipe does something special. Instead of just ignoring your craving you are giving into it… in the healthiest way! This recipe is kicking with anti-inflammatory benefits that will boost your health and protect you from disease. It will also prevent you from getting an upset stomach because it’s free of dairy and gluten. Plus you are getting a superfood (sweet potatoes) in a dessert.
This is a kicking recipe that will keep you full because it is packed with fiber. It is also amazing for your immune system, preventing cancer and heart disease. See what all these ingredients do below and you’ll see why this is not your average dessert recipe. We can’t even call this a dessert because it’s so healthy!
- Coconut oil is high in saturated fats so it is perfect for preventing heart disease and high blood pressure. It even helps convert the bad cholesterol into the good kind that our body needs.
- Coconut oil has a number of antioxidants which decreases inflammation. This makes it a natural cure for Alzheimer’s.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil supply our brains with energy. This is extremely beneficial for those with neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s.
- Coconut oil and sweet potatoes are packed with fiber which helps us feel full and satisfied. This is perfect for those trying to lose weight or maintain their weight. This is also extremely beneficial for those with diabetes because it helps us regulate our weight.
- Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin B6 which helps our body prevent cancer. They are high in Vitamins C, D and A which are amazing for our immune system, skin, vision and bone health.
- Sweet potatoes also do not cause sugar spikes. Despite their sweetness, sweet potatoes don’t cause a spike of sugar in our bloodstream like most foods with the same level of sweetness.
This recipe won’t cause inflammation because of the replacement of gluten and grains with almond flour and coconut flour. It also removes dairy which is a sensitivity that many of us experience. This recipe is the perfect substitute for those of us looking to lose weight. Taste why you should already be eating these moist and chocolatey sweet potatoes blondies.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Blondies
Recipe by Heather Resler
These blondies are soft, chocolatey, and gooey– everything a good blondie should be.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour*
- 3 T coconut flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
*Editor’s note: You can substitute almond flour with tapioca or coconut for nut allergies.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease an 8”x8” glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix in the sweet potato puree and eggs.
- Add the flours, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool a bit, cut, and enjoy.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!