Grilled cheese gets a decadent makeover with creamy, mashed avocado sandwiched between crispy, gluten-free cauliflower bread.
If you have yet to try cauliflower bread, this easy-to-assemble recipe will become your new go-to sandwich. When cauliflower rice gets mixed with a little almond flour and egg, it creates a delicious Paleo bread that can hold up to piles of savory fixings.
Start by combining riced cauliflower and sea salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well and let the mixture sit for 20 minutes to draw moisture out. Use a clean kitchen towel to firmly wring out the cauliflower to make it as dry as possible – otherwise, you’ll wind up with soggy bread.
Tip: If you’ve purchased fresh bagged riced cauliflower at the store, it is usually dry enough to skip this step.
Add power-packed superfood veggies to every meal with
Return the cauliflower to the mixing bowl and add the egg, almond flour, and black pepper. Mix thoroughly. The mixture should be slightly moist, but not runny. Scoop the mixture one cup at a time, and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use your hands to form the mixture into four squares, pressing on the tops and sides with your fingertips so the mixture holds together. Bake for 25 minutes, then cool for 5 minutes.
Next, grease a cast iron skillet or pan with ghee over medium heat. While the pan heats, smear a slice of cauliflower bread with mashed avocado, and top with another slice of cauliflower bread. Grill on the hot skillet for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread. Serve your sandwiches hot!
Avocado Grilled Cauliflower Sandwiches
- 20 grams of protein
- 13 grams of carbohydrates
- 41 grams of fat.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine riced cauliflower and sea salt. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Use a clean kitchen towel to wring out the cauliflower to remove moisture.
- Return the cauliflower to the mixing bowl and add the eggs, almond flour and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Scoop 1 cup of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and form into a square. Repeat with the remaining mixture (4 slices total).
- Bake for 25 minutes, then cool at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Grease a skillet with ghee and melt over medium heat. While the pan heats, smear a slice of cauliflower bread with some mashed avocado, and top with another slice of cauliflower bread.
- Add to the hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes longer. Repeat with the remaining bread. Serve hot.
Shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: