Editor’s Note: The original publication of this contributor article cited a controversial study which has since been criticized by the scientific community for drawing unrealistic conclusions about genetically modified foods. This article has been kept online for your reference. For other perspectives about glyphosate in food, you can check out the following articles:
- Desiccating Crops: We Are Slowly Poisoning Ourselves
- Pesticide Use Yields Larger Crops At The High Cost Of Health
- Dewayne Johnson vs. Monsanto: What Happened?
Do You Enjoy SunChips? You Might Want To Reconsider
Did you know that Frito-Lay, the Texas-based corporation, whose parent company is PepsiCo, has been selling processed foods that contain both genetically modified (GM), pesticide-producing corn and glyphosate, which is Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide? They are both linked to various health problems, such as hormone disruption and kidney failure.
SunChips Tested And Found To Be Exceptionally Unhealthy
Frito-Lay’s SunChips has been recently tested. This product that is 100% corn tested positive for GM Bt-corn. (1, 3)
Since Bt-corn creates its own insecticide inside all of its cells, it is regulated by the EPA. Put basically, it is not real food.
Animal feeding studies have found that Bt-corn can create significant changes in blood cells that can lead to liver and kidney disease. Studies on pregnant and non-pregnant women have also shown that proteins from Bt-corn can end up circulating in the blood. (4)
SunChips also has dangerously high levels of glyphosate. Glyphosate has been linked to hormonal and kidney issues and other organ problems. It is also harmful to the immune system.
These chips are marketed as healthy since they are low in saturated fat and cholesterol, however, they are far from healthy. It seems like they are the exact opposite and they are actually harmful to your health.
Are you surprised by these findings? Do you eat chips regularly? Share your opinions and experiences with us. We would love to hear from you.
And remember, we’re in this together.
Shared with permission from our friends at Fitlife.Tv.
1. Seralini G-E, Mesnage R, Clair E, et al. Genetically modified crops safety assessments: present limits and possible improvements. Environmental Sciences Europe. 2011:23:10. https://enveurope.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/2190-4715-23-10
3. Séralini GE, Cellier D, Spiroux J: New analysis of a rat feeding study with a genetically modified maize reveals signs of hepatorenal toxicity. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 2007, 52: 596–602. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00244-006-0149-5.
4. Aris A, Leblanc S. Maternal and fetal exposure to pesticides associated to genetically modified foods in Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada. Reproductive Toxicology. 2011; 31:528-33. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21338670
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:Lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days by eating these foods daily
(upgrades you to level 4 fat burning status)